How's Boston U?

metalhead1023

High School Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I've been looking at a bunch of universities, and I want to goto a competitive university, but I'm not sure if I'll make it in. So I was wondering how good is Boston U?

Members don't see this ad.

Well I've been looking at a bunch of universities, and I want to goto a competitive university, but I'm not sure if I'll make it in. So I was wondering how good is Boston U?

Boston U is a pretty tough school to get into. I think it's the 3rd most applied to school in the country if I'm not mistaken. It's a good school, but it is VERY expensive and most kids who get accepted don't go because of their awful financial aid generosity.

However, I have heard that their pre-med program is insanely tough in order to weed out any kids who aren't serious.

Just fyi...

Boston U also has a 7 and 8 year BS/MD program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow what a coincidence. My rly good friend got accepted to Boston U and Emerson but chose Emerson b/c she said Boston U was so expensive for her...She didn't get too many scholarships.

Boston U is a pretty tough school to get into. I think it's the 3rd most applied to school in the country if I'm not mistaken. It's a good school, but it is VERY expensive and most kids who get accepted don't go because of their awful financial aid generosity.

However, I have heard that their pre-med program is insanely tough in order to weed out any kids who aren't serious.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a competitive school in the east coast that doesn't claim to have the toughest pre-med program. I went to one of them and we totally have the toughest :p. No but seriously, BU's a great school, although I wouldn't see it as a "really tough pre-med school" because any school at that level and above will have a really tough pre-med program. BU, because of how large it is, has a pretty huge range of students, from the utterly brilliant to the "I had a lot of money so daddy bought me a ticket to BU" students. This means that the beginning pre-med classes will all weed out quite a few people who just couldn't hack it to begin with. In fact, you're more likely to do well at a school like that where the curve is better (cause there are plenty of people who aren't doing all that well) than at a smaller school where there are fewer students and they're all at about the same level. So yeah. Not that hard, by comparison. Pre-med isn't fun anywhere.

Just fyi...

Boston U also has a 7 and 8 year BS/MD program.

Yeah, but you have to do a bunch of things to qualify. I was going to apply but when I realized that they had that program I had already missed the boat.

And I know pre-med isn't fun anywhere, but someone from the school told me that their pre-med program was unusually difficult in order to see who has the willpower to hack it.

Yeah, but you have to do a bunch of things to qualify. I was going to apply but when I realized that they had that program I had already missed the boat.

And I know pre-med isn't fun anywhere, but someone from the school told me that their pre-med program was unusually difficult in order to see who has the willpower to hack it.

Truthfully, I'm not sure how demanding their regular pre-med program is. But I knew a bunch of students that went through the 7 year combined BS/MD program, and they basically told me the first few years are cupcake. They partied a LOT. :p

Truthfully, I'm not sure how demanding their regular pre-med program is. But I knew a bunch of students that went through the 7 year combined BS/MD program, and they basically told me the first few years are cupcake. They partied a LOT. :p

Hmm, that's weird. Maybe the person I talked to was just a ***** :D

So, I've taken some of my pre-med coursework at BU and another highly ranked "ivy league" school. BU is a great school but definitely has one of the harder pre-medical programs.

I also know a few of the students in the BA/MD program there. They do party a good amount but these students are the cream of the crop. Many of them turned down Harvard, Cornell and other top ranked schools to attend the combined program. These students would likely do well anywhere, so it's not that the program is "easier" for them (far from it), it's just they have a solid group of people to go through the process with for 7-8 years and tend to be a very high achieving group to begin with.