Howard University College of Medinine c/o 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuteeyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's going to HU next fall. I'm not in yet but just checking. I did my undergrad there. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

HUCM class of 2010, here I come. I also did undergrad at HU. ;) BISON- YOU KNOW!!!!!!

how long did it take you to hear back after the interview..... Also did Ms. Walk send youa letter that you had gone to comittee. Did you ever call to check your status on the phone. I so were they forthcoming.

Members don't see this ad :)
cuteeyes said:
how long did it take you to hear back after the interview..... Also did Ms. Walk send youa letter that you had gone to comittee. Did you ever call to check your status on the phone. I so were they forthcoming.

It took about 6-8 weeks, my interview was right before the christmas break. The office is very open to questions, best days to check would be on mondays or fridays. I called twice and Ms. Walk was very nice and calmly explained the situation to me.

common pple, say smth

cuteeyes said:
common pple, say smth

Hi there,
I was at Howard this week. The Admissions office staff was pretty busy and the Dean of Admissions was helping folks with the Scramble. Things in Admissions do slow down during Match week so don't be too impatient. There are still more interviews and acceptance letters to go out yet.
njbmd :)
HU "02" Medicine is what we do!

njbmd said:
Hi there,
I was at Howard this week. The Admissions office staff was pretty busy and the Dean of Admissions was helping folks with the Scramble. Things in Admissions do slow down during Match week so don't be too impatient. There are still more interviews and acceptance letters to go out yet.
njbmd :)
HU "02" Medicine is what we do!

thanks njbmd. still waiting, patiently.....

cuteeyes said:
Who's going to HU next fall. I'm not in yet but just checking. I did my undergrad there. :cool:

Still trying to make up my mind. I had a great experience when I interviewed there, but I also like some of the other schools to which I was accepted.

cuteeyes said:

i got a "status" email yesterday indicating that they will interview through april and possibly into mid may. i am keeping my fingers crossed. i sent my application in on the late side :(

DeigoT said:
Still trying to make up my mind. I had a great experience when I interviewed there, but I also like some of the other schools to which I was accepted.

Same here.. Got my acceptance today ( :clap: ) and trying to decide b/t HU and a few others. I'm really leaning towards Howard though. So I may see some of you in the fall - or summer.. being that it starts in July!! :(

Hey, Congrats on your acceptance!! If i'm accepted i wil definately be there in the fall. I just finished undergrad at Howard last December. If you dont mind me asking, when did you interview and when did you get the committee status email. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
cuteeyes said:
Hey, Congrats on your acceptance!! If i'm accepted i wil definately be there in the fall. I just finished undergrad at Howard last December. If you dont mind me asking, when did you interview and when did you get the committee status email. Thanks

Late February - interview.

I got a couple of committee status emails during the months before my interview just letting me know that I was still in the pool or whatever.

Didn't get any emails or post-interview updates. My only correspondence after my interview (other than the acknowledgement of the receipt of my thank you letter) was a couple of large envelopes I got in the mail today - admissions stuff and fin. aid stuff.

Has anyone received their financial aid award letter? I am pretty sure I had everything filled out more than two months ago, but still nothing yet.

i'm still hoping for an interview...tick tock tick tock.....

Hi, i dont know if i interviewed on the same day as you according to your other posts. I interviewed on the 28th Feb and ive still not heard nada. I have not even gone to committee.

I got my acceptance letter in the mail on Saturday. Still undecided if I will attend. Im waiting on a couple of the state universities before I make my final decision. I interviewed Feb. 8th, I believe.

wowowowow101 said:
Late February - interview.

I got a couple of committee status emails during the months before my interview just letting me know that I was still in the pool or whatever.

Didn't get any emails or post-interview updates. My only correspondence after my interview (other than the acknowledgement of the receipt of my thank you letter) was a couple of large envelopes I got in the mail today - admissions stuff and fin. aid stuff.

Congrats man...got my acceptance last week, but not sure if I'm going yet either. Leaning towards UMD or GW at the moment. I really like HU though, cuz it's my undergrad institution.

supa said:
Congrats man...got my acceptance last week, but not sure if I'm going yet either. Leaning towards UMD or GW at the moment. I really like HU though, cuz it's my undergrad institution.

Hi Supa,
Pls can you tell me when your interview was and if they sent you a committee letter. Thanks and before i forget congratulations.

cuteeyes said:
Hi, i dont know if i interviewed on the same day as you according to your other posts. I interviewed on the 28th Feb and ive still not heard nada. I have not even gone to committee.

Yeah, we interviewed on the same day then. (wierd..) I hope you get in soon! Good luck. :)

cuteeyes said:
Hi Supa,
Pls can you tell me when your interview was and if they sent you a committee letter. Thanks and before i forget congratulations.

My interview was Feb 8th. They sent me an admission letter along with some financial info in 2 large envelopes. Good luck if you're waiting for them, and I'm probably not going so hopefully you'll get my spot!!

What do you guys thing about Howard vs. Morehouse? Is there a difference other than location?

So... What's new everybody?

It's official. I've made my choice.

Howard U class of 2010. :cool:

wowowowow101 said:
So... What's new everybody?

It's official. I've made my choice.

Howard U class of 2010. :cool:

What helped you make up your mind? I am still sitting on the fence.

I was accepted into Howard's class of 2010. Does anyone have advice on where to live for the upcoming school year? I have only been to DC once (when I interviewed) and I don't know anything about the area. Thanks for your help.

SmileyGirl said:
I was accepted into Howard's class of 2010. Does anyone have advice on where to live for the upcoming school year? I have only been to DC once (when I interviewed) and I don't know anything about the area. Thanks for your help.

Congrats SmileyGirl! The school's website might have some info. Another option is to go to the pre-allo forum and look up the thread for black female pre-med. NJBMD posts there quite often, and she is a Howard graduate and a wealth of knowledge. I have also seen other Howard students post there. You might be able to get an answer to your question. Again congrats and goodluck!

DeigoT said:
Congrats SmileyGirl! The school's website might have some info. Another option is to go to the pre-allo forum and look up the thread for black female pre-med. NJBMD posts there quite often, and she is a Howard graduate and a wealth of knowledge. I have also seen other Howard students post there. You might be able to get an answer to your question. Again congrats and goodluck!

Hey all...I'm an MSII/rising MSIII at HUCM...congrats on your acceptance to HUCM. It is an experience like no other and we look forward to welcoming you all to the "fam"! As far as finding a place to live...DC is expensive. What I would do first is figure out your living style (roomate(s) vs. no roomate(s), distance from HUCM, etc). There are alot of nice places in Maryland and Virginia that are reasonably priced...you will just have to do some research. What I did was once I got my acceptance and I made my decision to come to Howard...I looked on Craig's list, apartment.com, and other apartment/rental search engines. That helped alot for the mere fact that I had a list of places to look at and inquire about when I came to DC to do some apartment hunting. It is a process, but if you get started early, you will decrease a whole lot of headache!! You really want to be settled and ready for classes by the end of june considering that we start so early this year! Good luck and look out for either the c/o 2009 or c/o 2008 to start your yahoo groups page for your class. That was a great way for us to communicate! :)

08queen said:
Hey all...I'm an MSII/rising MSIII at HUCM...congrats on your acceptance to HUCM. It is an experience like no other and we look forward to welcoming you all to the "fam"! As far as finding a place to live...DC is expensive. What I would do first is figure out your living style (roomate(s) vs. no roomate(s), distance from HUCM, etc). There are alot of nice places in Maryland and Virginia that are reasonably priced...you will just have to do some research. What I did was once I got my acceptance and I made my decision to come to Howard...I looked on Craig's list, apartment.com, and other apartment/rental search engines. That helped alot for the mere fact that I had a list of places to look at and inquire about when I came to DC to do some apartment hunting. It is a process, but if you get started early, you will decrease a whole lot of headache!! You really want to be settled and ready for classes by the end of june considering that we start so early this year! Good luck and look out for either the c/o 2009 or c/o 2008 to start your yahoo groups page for your class. That was a great way for us to communicate! :)

If we are looking to room with someone how do we go about this? Is there someone we can contact in the Howard offices to get in contact with others that are looking for roommates?

-murph

murphydoc said:
If we are looking to room with someone how do we go about this? Is there someone we can contact in the Howard offices to get in contact with others that are looking for roommates?

-murph

Yeah...that is an option, but I don't remember the administration really helping in that aspect. The group listserve that members of 2009 are supposed to set up is supposed to help open dialogue like this. I'll try to get at them about setting it up since school starts so soon.

Anybody doing med-parp this summer?

Edit: Also.. anybody know what the Bethune Annex (housing) is like? I'm trying to figure out what to expect.