Howard University Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey All,

I was just wondering anyone knows of any great places to live in DC that is near Howard University???

Some of the current students suggested either living in East Towers which is on campus or in one of the surrounding cities due to the high costs of rent in the area. I have heard mixed reviews about East Towers though including they are really nice but not worth the price. I would recommend to start searching the nearby cities for housing or use the off-campus apartment link that is on Howard's Housing site.

hello everyone! i got accepted into howard university conditionally about a month ago and am quite excited to begin school. who else is joining the class of 2014? i also have to take the COE, is anyone else taking it as well?

also, i am moving from california and have never lived in DC. i was reading a few blogs and it seems as though NW DC is the safest area, is this correct? i was hoping that some local students could give me some apartment recommendations! any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :) and congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I just finished my 1st year at Howard University SOP. Regarding where to live, I stayed in the east towers for the entire and didnt mind it at all. Its nothing luxurious, but its not horrible either. For me, the convience is worth everything cuz once you get into the swing of things, you'll need every minute of sleep and relxation possible. Also, you won;t have to drive(which is horrible in DC)

Hey all! I'm a P3 and if anyone has any personal questions, just email me at [email protected]. While viewing the thread it seems like everyone is frustrated with "snail mail". Hint of advice, please make sure you get all your medical records (physicals/immunizations/titers) and financial aid information done as soon as possible.

Go to and view the information for Health Professions Programs. Make sure you make multiple copies of your medical records just in case. http://www.howard.edu/StudentHealth/NewStudents.htm

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any feed back to give me about Howard's turn around time with interviews. I interviewed March 4th and have yet to hear anything at all. I was wondering if any current students that were admitted waited this long or longer before they were admitted, kinda getting nervous because I see a lot of people in this forum that were admitted that interviewed with or after me ........

Email Terry ASAP if u don't have one. Did you get her email couple days ago? She asked who hasn't received it then email her back.

i emailed her back last night. i'm still waiting for a reply =/. how long ago were they sent out?

i emailed her back last night. i'm still waiting for a reply =/. how long ago were they sent out?

Oh, it was yesterday (sorry), somehow I thought ...couple days

I also emailed her after I got that msg and she replied me right away.

is anyone looking for female roommate? PM me plz. Thanks

hey everyone! I am starting pharmacy school at Howard this fall. I am wondering what everyones thoughts are on commuting as opposed to living near campus? i am coming from the fairfax area and my commute will probably be about an hour and 15 minutes each way during rush hour. Any thoughts? I know DC can be very expensive!!! anyone looking for roomates???

Hello! i am actually looking for a roomate as well! where would you be living?? and how much is the rent? thanks!

Jasmine! i saw your post regarding living in DC. Have you found a place? i am worried about safety issues living near campus. Are you looking for roomates?

hey everyone! I am starting pharmacy school at Howard this fall. I am wondering what everyones thoughts are on commuting as opposed to living near campus? i am coming from the fairfax area and my commute will probably be about an hour and 15 minutes each way during rush hour. Any thoughts? I know DC can be very expensive!!! anyone looking for roomates???

Hi Pharmstudent 19!
I'm coming from Fairfax as well, and will be living on campus. I'm also looking for a roommate! Are you still looking?

If you guys are scared of living in DC, you should consider places like Hyattsville, Bladensburg, Mt. Rainer, Riverdale, and Silver Spring. All are very close to school (about 15mins) and not as expensive as DC (except for Silver Spring).

For current student, please help.

Hi, I am planning to fly back home Labor Day weekend but the Friday class will not end until 4pm. Do they really keep you to the end ? The ticket is expensive after 4pm Friday and very cheap early in the morning.

Please give me little hint so I can book my ticket early.

Thanks much.

Last edited: