Howard class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have yet to receive a response from them..and i interviewed on jan 17th..

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone who did not receive postcard actually got accepted? I still have not received the postcard and that makes me frustrated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone who did not receive postcard actually got accepted? I still have not received the postcard and that makes me frustrated.

I thought u got into midwestern CCP.......c'mon dude.....other ppl have it worse, being waitlisted and rejected. I think it's a little shallow or selfish for u to be frustrated when u have at least one acceptance..:)

Its true comet81 has a back up plan but she does really want to go to howard since its close to her family.

I wonder how long it'll take Howard to get to the 3/27 interviews. I had my heart set on UW but now that I didn't receive an offer from them, Howard's all I got and this wait is excruciating. If someone receives anything, please post in this thread!! Thanks! & good luck everyone!

I thought u got into midwestern CCP.......c'mon dude.....other ppl have it worse, being waitlisted and rejected. I think it's a little shallow or selfish for u to be frustrated when u have at least one acceptance..:)

As ADN said, I really like to stay close to my family and my state. Since all PharmD. Degree is same, it does not matter whrer I get it from.

hi everyone,

congrats on getting in to the program. i'm offering housing in dc and came across this forum as i was looking for roommates. i've written a description below and can also send along pictures. feel free to email me at mlin27 at gmail dot com. i know the dc area pretty well, so can also answer questions about different neighborhoods.

best of luck with the housing.
------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=-1] this is one bedroom in a sunny 2br/1bath condo for $950/month which includes utilities (water, ac, electricity, wireless internet, monthly cleaning) and it's furnished.

it's 3 metro stops from howard on the green line. it's near georgia ave/petworth and is an 8-10 minute walk to the metro.

features include:
- washer/dryer
- wireless internet
- cable television
- new appliances
- deck
- fireplace
- awesome bathroom
- high ceilings
- lots of sun
- plenty of street parking

the room is pretty large (13.5 x 11 feet) and is furnished with a bed, desk, and dresser, with a spacious closet.

you'll be sharing the condo with me (25/f). i enjoy cooking, reading, cafes, foreign & indie films, theatre, and biking. i love npr, brunch, and dark chocolate. i'm pretty low key and keep it fairly quiet at home.

security deposit is equal to 1 month's rent and females preferred. like to keep common space nice and tidy.
[/SIZE]

nope still havent heard anything.... nervous.

As ADN said, I really like to stay close to my family and my state. Since all PharmD. Degree is same, it does not matter whrer I get it from.

Oh ok ...that's a very compelling reason then.....sorry...I apologize...

It seems like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was able to talk to Ms. William-Foulke and I was very shocked by what she said to me. I mentioned her about the postcard that everyone is talking about but she doesn't even know anything about postcard!!!!!
She then told me that they have not decided anything about March interviews. After I hung up, I realized that I forgot to ask her how long we should wait. So, I called her right away but she did not pick up. I am soooo sick of their laziness, disorganization, and rudeness!!

I called them today also. Mrs. Sconion seemed to have contradicted with what above said about March interviews. I told her I interviewed late March and asked if she has information regarding acceptances, she seemed very exhausted in her response (probably because she's been getting a lot calls lately) and said letters are being sent out as we speak in regards to all applicants who've received an interview. I asked her if all the letters are actually sent out and she says no, there are more letters to send and are on their way. Good luck everyone!

I was going to call them as well today, but will now and wait and see if they are sending out letters today like they said. Just frustrating to not hear anything this long after they told us in January when we would hear from them.

I was able to talk to Ms. William-Foulke and I was very shocked by what she said to me. I mentioned her about the postcard that everyone is talking about but she doesn't even know anything about postcard!!!!!
She then told me that they have not decided anything about March interviews. After I hung up, I realized that I forgot to ask her how long we should wait. So, I called her right away but she did not pick up. I am soooo sick of their laziness, disorganization, and rudeness!!

This has been explained several times and you guys don't seem to get it. Now I cannot explain why some ppl have not received postcards, there prob is some weird reason. The card was mailed from the main admissions office to EVERY APPLICANT WITH A COMPLETED FILE REGARDLESS OF THE PROGRAM APPLIED TO. It was NOT mailed from the school of pharmacy (so it is not surprising that ms williams would not know...it's not her job....it's not even in her office). I am giving you the exact information I was given when I sent an email to the address on the card. Are they lazy and disorganized??..maybe to some extent....they have a lot on their hands...but try to pay attention to detail. The postcard is VERY generic and I believe it has NOTHING to do with admission decisions. I think you guys should stop sweating about that postcard.

PS; I know somebody who got in and has no idea about the postcard....but who knows...maybe she never checks her mail...or the boogeyman ate it!

I am very very disappointed with Howard.. I guess whats said about this school is true, they are very lazy and disorganized as said by someone here.. after interviewing in Jan..this is May 1st.. and I still have a clue of what my status is.. that is just bad.. It almost will be 4 months since I interviewed..I mean how hard is it to atleast tell an applicant if they are even on the waiting list? I am sure it doesnt take them this long... it doesnt take any other school this long.. :rolleyes:

This has been explained several times and you guys don't seem to get it. Now I cannot explain why some ppl have not received postcards, there prob is some weird reason. The card was mailed from the main admissions office to EVERY APPLICANT WITH A COMPLETED FILE REGARDLESS OF THE PROGRAM APPLIED TO. It was NOT mailed from the school of pharmacy (so it is not surprising that ms williams would not know...it's not her job....it's not even in her office). I am giving you the exact information I was given when I sent an email to the address on the card. Are they lazy and disorganized??..maybe to some extent....they have a lot on their hands...but try to pay attention to detail. The postcard is VERY generic and I believe it has NOTHING to do with admission decisions. I think you guys should stop sweating about that postcard.

PS; I know somebody who got in and has no idea about the postcard....but who knows...maybe she never checks her mail...or the boogeyman ate it!

I think it is very suprising that ms williasm would not know about the card. We did not fill out general application but aplication for pharmacy school. Also, she takes care of our admission materials. She should know.

There is one possible explanation to the postcard.. maybe. It's my most educated guess: Perhaps pharmacy committee has sent to the main admissions information (mailing address) on the candidates who the comittee has accepted but is lagging to send the offer letters out. This can explain why people who get the postcard get accepted (theoretically if that was true). But of course this is all my guess. :confused:

There is one possible explanation to the postcard.. maybe. It's my most educated guess: Perhaps pharmacy committee has sent to the main admissions information (mailing address) on the candidates who the comittee has accepted but is lagging to send the offer letters out. This can explain why people who get the postcard get accepted (theoretically if that were true). But of course this is all my guess. :confused:

That will not be the case, because somebody on this forum got a letter of denial after receiving the postcard. Don't want to state their sn for sensitivity but check the first page of this thread.

i got the postcard like 3 weeks ago, interviewed in march and am stressing and checking hte mailbox every day..hopefully i get good news soon and that the postcard is good luck:)...btw does anyone know how they do interview scores like i know its normally 1 to 5 but what style do they use like is 1 the highest (cause some professors told me that at times that is the highest)...

I think it's out of 14, if I heard correctly during the day of the interview. Interview is out of 14, essay is out of 14, and math test is out of 14. Anyone know for sure?

That will not be the case, because somebody on this forum got a letter of denial after receiving the postcard. Don't want to state their sn for sensitivity but check the first page of this thread.

I guess a part of me was hoping my guess was legit because I received the postcard awhile back and sadly, Howard is the only school left I can hear good news from. :oops:

As I posted before, Howard's sending out letters as we speak. I had forgotten to ask them how long it'll take for them to finish sending these letters, so I called and I spoke with Celia just now. She told me that they are sending letters out to everyone (including March interviews) and they "hope" they will get all the letters sent out by the end of this month.

Talk about late? And they're not even sure they'll get back to everyone by the end of this month? :(

well all we can do is be optimistic and hopefully get an acceptance letter in the mail soon...all ive heard from howard since the interview was the postcard saying its completed and it says that on the pharmcas too.

As I posted before, Howard's sending out letters as we speak. I had forgotten to ask them how long it'll take for them to finish sending these letters, so I called and I spoke with Celia just now. She told me that they are sending letters out to everyone (including March interviews) and they "hope" they will get all the letters sent out by the end of this month.

Talk about late? And they're not even sure they'll get back to everyone by the end of this month? :(

I hope it does not take that long.

Hello all:

I am a current Howard student, and I can understand everyones stress, anxiety and concern about waiting for letters. I was in the same situation a year ago sitting and waiting for a letter. A took a while, but it finally came (1.5 months after interview). What you all must understand is that Administration is understaffed. There is 1 person who is in charge of sending letters out to potential students, answering calls, questions, etc. Since it is only 1 person doing all this it is easy to see why things are taking SOOOOOOOO long.
Howard is only taking between 60-70 students for the fall, so they are trying to make sure that they make good selections. Continue to try and be patient and I hope everything works out. Feel free to PM me with questions.

For those who have been accepted and have questions on where to live or about Howard in general, feel free to pm me also.

sigh... I interviewed late March, too. I kinda bombed my interview. Furthemore, I'm ranked 41 at Minnesota. :(

I understand what kind of position you guys are in. Hang in there, ok.

Wishing you guys the best of luck.

yeah i feel ur pain...im awaiting anxiously, everyday i make trips to the mailbox or call home to see if its in yet...:(....btw does anyone know like how the interview scores are done...its like 1-5 for each question but what is the highest 1 or 5? Also, has anyone who interviewed in march hear anything yet...all ive gotten so far was a postcard after the interview like 3 weeks ago saying they got everything and on pharmcas it mentions the dates they got the supp fee and everything.

same here jojo. I interviewed march 13th.

i had another question how many people do they think they are gonna waitlist and if one is on waitlist how good are their chances to get in?

Looking at last year, it doesnt seem like they took in many of those waitlisted.

ADN what were the stats last year?

I didn't apply to howard last year. I'm just saying looking at the posts from last year, it didn't seem like anyone got in from being waitlisted.

well reading last years posts...they were interviewing people until the summer..

any updates...did anyone hear back yet??

did anyone receive an email regarding waitlisted candidates? i received a general, very vague email about waitlisted candidates...but i dont know if that means i am waitlisted or if it is a general email. please let me know if anyone else got that email. thanks!

check the howard waitlisted topic, there are 2 other people that have got that email so far....have u heard from anywehre else yet?

can you send me the link to that waitlist forum please? no i haven't heard from anything else. so does it mean i am waitlisted in case i don't find the forum

thanks jojo99! are you waitlisted too?

I received the email that is directed to waitlisted candidates, but I never received anything by actual mail. I sent an email to Celia asking if it means I'm waitlisted, but all she said was that most of the letters have already been sent out. Has anyone received the email but have already received actual mail stating they're accepted/rejected?

Somehow it seems like howard pharmacy is not showing much love to SDNers. But the dental forum is teeming with HUCD class of 2011. Whazzup with that??:(

Well I wish you guys still waiting the best:luck: I really wish there was more of us

I spoke to a lady at admission office and she told me that they have not completed deciding with March interviews. I also asked her when we would hear our decision and she told me that we will be heard by the end of this month!!:mad:

I wonder if the leftovers are the accepted/rejected pile.

Nothing against those who interviewed in march, but would be nice if all the January people had heard something by now other than they are still working on them.

Nothing against those who interviewed in march, but would be nice if all the January people had heard something by now other than they are still working on them.

As you said, those who interviewed in Jan. should be heard something first. It's just not fair for us to wait more than one month. We are not even waitlisted. It is very unusual. I applied more than 10 schools for two years and none of the schools put us wait more than one month except waitlist.
By the way, based on my memory last year, Howard send rejection letter before waitlist letter. So, stay positive. :D