Howard class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TechRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are you at? I need to talk to my fellow future classmates.....
Got gazillions of questions about moving there in 3-4 months
Let's get to know each other!

Members don't see this ad.

Uhh, come on. I know I'm not the only one that got accepted. Or do people leave the forum once they get accepted? :D

I did not apply this year but will next year and wanted to know what were your stats and did you go there already and are you instate? Also, anything else about the school that is interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
unfortunately.. im still waiting for that fedex letter... *sigh*

I received my letter from Howard on Friday! It was sent via regular mail not FEDEX. Good luck everyone!

When did you interview? Are you in-state student? Do you mind if I asked what your stat is?

Thank you Princess_IJ! Did you apply as well? Louisiana girl, I'm in atlanta and I've never been to D.C. except for the interview. I like Howard because of it's history, and most importantly it has a pharmacy school! I was a bit skeptical at first due to how the staff handled things, and of course the accreditation issue, but I know everything will be okay. Congrats to PursueYRDream, where do you live? If you're going to Howard, where will you live? I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to live.....

I got my letter today via the u.s. postal service:thumbup: :thumbup:

When did you have interview?

Congrats jshelzz!

I had interview on March, 13th but I still have not heard anything from them. It seems like they are done with only those who had interview on January.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah well.. my interview wasnt until march 27th...

First of all congratulations to everyone who got accepted!

I am also waiting for Howard"s decision, I wanted to know if those that got accepted all received the postcard first, I read on another post that rxtech did..

I received the postcard last week and thought they sent it by mistake in place of the "we regret to inform you" letter, but rxtech gave me hope:oops:

did anyone else receive this postcard too? or did anyone not?

Have they also sent out decline letters, and if so did those students get the postcard first too? Let me know, or private msg me, I'm trying to figure it out..

this waiting thing is so hard :(

oh and my int. was Jan. 17th..

I received the acceptance letter today by regular mail.

I will try to answer questions that I see are being asked by others.

I first received the postcard reading "Howard University has recieved your application for admission. You will be notified of any additional documents required to complete your file." I was interviewed on Jan 17. I am form Florida. My stats are 3.95 overall GPA, 4.00 science and math GPA. 84 Composite on PCAT. I have pharmacy experience and alot of extra curricular.

"Howard University has recieved your application for admission. You will be notified of any additional documents required to complete your file."

that's the same one I received as well, but I heard that it was sent out by their general admissions office, and that students of all programs, not just pharmacy, would have received it.

Congratulations kiddidun21 those are excellent stats!
I'm scared:scared:

Thank you busypharmcgal.

I must agree that the waiting is very horrible. And on top of that calling Howard is such a waste of time, because no one can ever provide the answers you are looking for.

I am thinking that once the admission office sends out the postcard then its an indication that your application is being processed, and the acceptance letter is just a week or so away. So stay positive:)

Thank you busypharmcgal.

I must agree that the waiting is very horrible. And on top of that calling Howard is such a waste of time, because no one can ever provide the answers you are looking for.

I am thinking that once the admission office sends out the postcard then its an indication that your application is being processed, and the acceptance letter is just a week or so away. So stay positive:)

Congrats again! Are you going to Howard kikidun21? You're right about getting in touch with them. I have a lot of questions for Howard too, maybe we can answer each other's questions!
busypharmcgal, I think it's a good sign, so hang in there. I know that acceptance letter is coming :thumbup:
For those of you that got accepted: the labtop cost how much? lol

Congrats again! Are you going to Howard kikidun21? You're right about getting in touch with them. I have a lot of questions for Howard too, maybe we can answer each other's questions!
busypharmcgal, I think it's a good sign, so hang in there. I know that acceptance letter is coming :thumbup:
For those of you that got accepted: the labtop cost how much? lol

Yes, I do plan on going to Howard. I am somewhat in the same position as you are. I have only been to the Washington area once and that was for the interview.

The laptop cost is ridiculous. Imagine buying a $800 - $1000 laptop for $2500. It's good business for Howard, but a bad investment for us :mad:

I got that postcard over 10 days ago and nothing yet from them..called them multiple times to get the generic response of "still in the process" ..its been almost three months since the interview...I should be able to know now! :rolleyes:

Okay, It appears that about four applicant or so have gotten accepted from the Jan interview cycle. If that's the case then I love my chances. I interviewed in March, but a good amount of the students from the Jan cycle have decided to go to other schools because Howard took too long to make a decision. The fact that they were still interviewing last month means that they dont have their class of 2011 as yet.

I love my chances and I believe the rest of us still waiting should too.

rx22 and busypharmcgal you guys got the magic postcard, that's more than the most of us. I believe that the two of you will be joining the other Jan interviewees accepted.

And Congrats to TechRx, jshelzz, kikidun21 and pursueYRDream. I hope to see you guys in a couple of months :D

^^^ good way of looking at it! I was getting nervous cuz my interview was in march as well.. hopefully we will know soon!!!!!! Atleast by the end of the month!! <crossing fingers>

Thank you for the congrats! I know they didn't look at the March interviewees yet, so yes you are right about hope!
Let me know if anybody got any other documents such as calendar events, out-of-state tuition cost, etc. Thank you in advance!

I hope you guys are right -- the way it looks, the march interviews won't hear from them until the end of may!! :( waiting sucks.

Hey, I just got my acceptance (which I kinda expected; I was overconfident leaving my interview). Howard sent me a regular size envelope in a big FedEx envelope.

Stats are just okay: 3.01 overall, 2.78 science.

But I'm going to Shenandoah instead. Enjoy my spot.

BTW, I was from the January interview

Hey, I just got my acceptance (which I kinda expected; I was overconfident leaving my interview). Howard sent me a regular size envelope in a big FedEx envelope.

Stats are just okay: 3.01 overall, 2.78 science.

But I'm going to Shenandoah instead. Enjoy my spot.

OOhhh Boyy....u just gave me the greatest boost of hope.....awesome!!:thumbup: did you have a lot of pharmacy experience too?? Men congrats to you....I know you deserve it...you probably worked really hard to get into shenandoah....:thumbup:

Thanks for the info daoismz - good luck at shenandoah! I didn't feel so confident after the interview- my interviewer wasn't very nice. But we will see...

Thanks for the info daoismz - good luck at shenandoah! I didn't feel so confident after the interview- my interviewer wasn't very nice. But we will see...

Was it Dr. Kumar, the indian dude??

I had a mean interviewer too! all she did was stare me down while i was talking without nodding her head or smiling even once.. i was scared...

No i had someone else, I think Dr. Akala. I felt bad since it was hard to understand his questions with his very thick accent so I had to ask him to repeat it. But he questioned everything I said, as if I was lying to him. I guess people do lie about things during the interview? I couldn't believe he actually asked me what "oncology" meant since I said I wanted to specialize in oncology. I was thinking, is he kidding me?! I answered him and mentioned I conduct cancer research in melanoma and he's like... "oh really!" as if he didn't believe me. So of course I proved myself my explaining my project but who knows if he even believes that.

I forgot the name of my interviewer. I know she was an Asian lady and my interview was in her office (not where the main pharmacy classes are taught). She just read the questions from her page and took notes on what I said. But I knew I did well because we ended up having a conversation after every question I answered. She barely had any time to ask me to allow me to ask questions.

I had some volunteer experience: enough so that I could explain some experiences and things that I observed in the pharmacy itself (not observing the pharmacist, cuz I wasn't allowed to: hospital policy). I had absolutely no experience handling medication and I believe they don't expect you to. They just want you to have any experience, so you have an inkling of what it would be like working IN A PHARMACY.

It's good to know the responsibility of a pharmacist is though, and to know several different types of pharmacist.

I hope you guys are right -- the way it looks, the march interviews won't hear from them until the end of may!! :( waiting sucks.

I REALLY hope that won't be the case--hearing back until may:scared:.. a friend of mine who goes to Howard U Pharm school said it is a long process and they are very disorganized... lets not talk about their interview process.. haha:eek:

My interview was on Mar. 14. I'm still waiting. Ms. Williams told us that we will get notified by end of Apr or beginning of May. Hang in there!!!

My interview was on Mar. 14. I'm still waiting. Ms. Williams told us that we will get notified by end of Apr or beginning of May. Hang in there!!!

well.. thats good news to hear.. :)

I got my letter.. of denial, which didn"t state a specific reason, just..large applicant pool...steep competition..etc etc..

I'm sad,
+pity+ +pity+
but trying to gather myself..

good luck to everyone else,

hopefully next year for me..

I got my letter.. of denial, which didn"t state a specific reason, just..large applicant pool...steep competition..etc etc..

I'm sad,
+pity+ +pity+
but trying to gather myself..

good luck to everyone else,

hopefully next year for me..

Really sorry to hear that,I'm sure you will be better off next year.Who knows maybe that school don't even deserve you.

Mind sharing your stats?

Sorry about that pharmcgal.....stay strong and continue to pursue..... if you want it bad, u will get it.
I am still waiting to hear from them....and frankly, I am really tired....I tired of sleeplessness, stress, stalking the mailbox multiple times a day...it's just too much for me....I can't take it anymore...now I'm just like..i'll just get on with my life...

Oh BTW....did you get the letter today?? when was it dated...?

Hey, busypharmcgirl dont get discouraged, it has taken me three years to finally get into a pharmacy program. youll eventually get there.

I received the letter thursday, I called my mom to see if I had received anything in the mail on my way home from work..and she read it to me..

I don't remember the date, so I will look for it and let u kno the date it was sent out..

as for my stats, I had a 90 pcat, years of pharmacy experience and extracurriculars[tho not too much stuff this past year]..but my gpa is my weak area.. and i'm pretty sure is why i got denied.

feel free to pm me if u want to kno anything else..

thanks for the words of encouragement, and sharing your own stories by pm, or on here.. it really does help :love: ..

I'm sorry to hear that also busypharmcgal. This is my 2nd time trying, and stats say that 75% of pharm students have applied more than once. Hope is still there, I know you won't give up. I hope you applied to other schools as well....if not, try it next time. Don't limit your options!

I received the letter thursday, I called my mom to see if I had received anything in the mail on my way home from work..and she read it to me..

I don't remember the date, so I will look for it and let u kno the date it was sent out..

as for my stats, I had a 90 pcat, years of pharmacy experience and extracurriculars[tho not too much stuff this past year]..but my gpa is my weak area.. and i'm pretty sure is why i got denied.

feel free to pm me if u want to kno anything else..

thanks for the words of encouragement, and sharing your own stories by pm, or on here.. it really does help :love: ..

was this ure first time applying to howard?

those who got accepted....how long did they give you to put in your deposit (deadline)??