How would you answer this personality question on a job survey?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are always these ******* questions that make no sense and seem to be trick questions. Here it is:

"When a coworker breaks the rules, I typically":

A - Get very upset and say something to the person.
B - Get very upset and say nothing.
C - Get somewhat upset about it but let it go.
D - As long as I'm not affected, it doesn't bother me.
E - I have no previous work experience.

I mean what the ****. The best answer to this scenario isn't even on it. (I'd think the best answer is, "say something without getting upset".)

Members don't see this ad.

That looks like an anger management question, mmmkay?

images

(In that respect, the best answer is "C".)

The correct answer is to write out "none of the above" and explain that it depends on the rule that was broken. Did the person steal a percocet? That's option A. Did the person eat an extra cannoli at the company picnic when there was a limit of one per person? The answer to that is...who cares.

This is another example of why HR people are ******s. They actually ask idiotic, closed-ended **** like this.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Reminds me of when I applied to Target back in the day as a P1! In real life I would say something without getting upset but that answer choice isn't available usually on those questionnaires. So that's one question I won't get right.

The correct answer is to write out "none of the above" and explain that it depends on the rule that was broken. Did the person steal a percocet? That's option A. Did the person eat an extra cannoli at the company picnic when there was a limit of one per person? The answer to that is...who cares.

This is another example of why HR people are ******s. They actually ask idiotic, closed-ended **** like this.

And I would too, but its a damned electronic application.

See? Who says all those "choose the best answer" multiple choice P&T questions didn't translate to anything in the real world?

There are always these ******* questions that make no sense and seem to be trick questions. Here it is:

I mean what the ****. The best answer to this scenario isn't even on it. (I'd think the best answer is, "say something without getting upset".)

Lol, you're applying to a HCA facility.

Man, the other thing I hate are the screening questions that automatically disqualify your application. Like, I'm applying for a pharmacy intern position, and the question asks, are you currently in pharmacy school. If you answer no, it throws out your app. So I had to answer yes, but then say I graduated in 2012 on the next question. ******* internet applications.

My favorite applications are those that are only one page long, don't use any special programs so you can have all the fields pre-filled, and at the end simply require you to upload your resume or copy/paste.

I can't stand these types of tests too ... I just finished taking a HCA test and this was on it

Either A or C. I'd think I'd put C. D says that you don't care about the "team" and A & B uses the word "very". I wouldn't want to work with someone who is more likely to get "very upset".

Who knows though... what if they mean that the coworker is drunk on the job? Then it's A...

I had this exact same question to - Florida Hospitals

Not that Sparda is still looking for the answer to this question anymore, but since the test was revived: I would just answer "I have no previous work experience"

Assumedly there's another question on the application that indicates you do have work experience. Likewise, it's probably fair that the "I have no prior work experience" is an option on multiple questions. Each of them is not going to be a "punt the application" question, because that's a waste of programming. And all of the other answers are equally likely to be a bad answer. So answer the question incorrectly, and if they ask you about it later, explain "all the answers were terrible, so I went with the one that I felt was most applicable to my situation. As I have no work experience at your company, it was at least a partial truth - none of the other options remotely resembled how I would react"

These tests aren't meant to be actual personality tests, they're meant to see how good you are at playing by the rules. If you can't even fake it for a test, you're definitely going to be trouble in the workplace.

I took one of these last night and chose A. I don't think they want to hire anyone who observes someone breaking the rules and just lets it slide.

Definitely A. If you find out that your partner dispensed a vial instead of kwikpen, you had better be very upset and contact everyone from your DM to LP to legal.

These tests aren't meant to be actual personality tests, they're meant to see how good you are at playing by the rules. If you can't even fake it for a test, you're definitely going to be trouble in the workplace.

And that would be Sparda, he never follows rules. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Sparda around here for quite awhile, makes me worried he got arrested or worse.

Reactions: 1 users