How will a second great depression affect doctors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great Depression II ;)

Great Depression: Requiem
Greater Depression
GD2: The Economicon

Then one will have to be known as the Still Pretty Good Depression.

The coming one will be known as "The Greater Depression" followed in 70 years by "The Greatest Depression."

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Great Depression Reloaded
Great Depression: The Two Towers

this isnt a depression, its a "downturn" with "strong economic fundamentals" :laugh:

:laugh: These are all very nice ideas.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't be a great depression. Don't get your hopes up! It will just be an okay depression.

Home foreclosure rates are currently at what, like 2 or 3 %? Correct me if these are off at all, but during the great depression, those rates were 20 times higher. We're not even in a recession yet and people are predicting a great depression. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

These bailouts are definitely something to be concerned about, but panic about another depression will do nothing but make it more likely of a reality.

Home foreclosure rates are currently at what, like 2 or 3 %? Correct me if these are off at all, but during the great depression, those rates were 20 times higher. We're not even in a recession yet and people are predicting a great depression. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

These bailouts are definitely something to be concerned about, but panic about another depression will do nothing but make it more likely of a reality.

:thumbup:

Its obnoxious how people like to flippantly throw about terms like "great depression" and "holocaust". Thats the liberal media, for ya.

By the way, some of the posters were arguing about whether a youtube video could be informative and impartial, and I completely agree that one can find fair, informative, and impartial videos on youtube.

I thoroughly disagree, however, that one could hope to find any small sliver of unbiased information through HuffPo. It's the equivalent of someone linking to Rush Limbaugh's Blog. Please refrain. :)

And in regard to that specific link, Greenspan's career consisted of many years of diligent work of which no one else would have been capable. His one massive failure usurps all that work, however, and I'm not sure how to handle any input he would have at this point. His policy played the largest role in creating this mess, so his advice may or may not be the best to heed.