How to remind 2 docs for LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itsarainbow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had 2 docs that said would write me LOR but its been almost 3 months since I sent the requests via ERAS and they have yet to upload anything. The ERAS deadline is still little more than a month away but I'm worried they might have forgot. What would be a nice and proper way to remind them? Thank you in advance

Sidenote; one of the docs is old school and I had to mail in my request form. I would have to call his office.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a simple friendly reminder email- now that I’m in the role of writing LORs, I can appreciate the time it takes to write one, and if I have several to write, it can take some time. So I always appreciate a reminder email. But I do remember being in that stage of asking others to write LORs, and it can be stressful at times waiting for them to come in, so I feel ya...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thought you wanted to remind people about loss of resistance ....

Reactions: 1 users
I also remember how stressful this is- don't sweat the reminder at all. I distinctly remember as a premed and medical student getting a little frustrated with the lack of responsiveness and need for reminders to docs for things like this, and I swore I would never be "that guy" that left mentees hanging until the last possible second. Needless to say, I totally get it now that I'm on the other side. I have never reacted internally to a reminder email that was anything other than "Oh crap- thanks for the reminder. I'll do it right now."

We've all been there.