How to predict UWORLD and USMLE Step 1? And how to improve!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.sparty123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there. I am averaging a low Uworld % ranking, somewhere around 51 with higher scores on certain tests. I am wondering how to determine potential score rankings from Uworld -> USMLE step 1. I am using Pathoma, B+B, First-aid, and anki to help in my review process, but man this is really tough. Any suggestions on how to strategically get a better score and keep improving my scores?

Members don't see this ad.

Wanna know what will probably improve your USMLE score at the end of the day?

Do it in tutored mode (for some time) and don't even bother "ending the block". I started out lower than you and was always freaking out about my percentage but it really doesn't matter. Then do random when you start getting more comfortable with the format. Half of UW isnt about the knowledge its about sharpening your test taking skills.

Go at it for a few weeks reading all the explanations and your scores will naturally go up. When they say its a learning tool they mean even getting the answer right isn't the point; the point is knowing why the other 5-6 answers are wrong

Do that and then do your incorrects/or 2X while using the other passive resources and you will be okay. You dont want to "improve" your UW score, forget what all the gunners on here say about their "first pass 92%" BS. Just use it as the excellent tool (not assessment) that it is. Use weekly NBMEs to assess.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow thanks so much for a great reply, I do appreciate it. Really hoping I keep improving and learning throughout this process. I have just over a month left!