how to let schools know about a correction to my amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amizle

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was recently re-looking at my amcas application to prepare for interviews (hoping i get them) and noticed that one of the ending dates of my jobs was incorrect. its to late to change this on amcas since ive been verified and have sent in my secondaries. should i just call the schools and let them know of the correction or send them a formal letter so they have it on hand? if i send a letter should i add anything else to let them know im still interested?

thanks for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

how off is the date? if it is few months don't worry about it. but if it is a big difference and you want them to know about it then send a formal letter stating this discrepancy.

i had to make a correction to my amcas, so i emailed all of my schools. many of them replied saying "thanks, your note has been added to your app". others just didn't reply, but they probably got it. If it were to cause a problem, which I'm sure it wouldn't, I could just show them that I did email them.

i was recently re-looking at my amcas application to prepare for interviews (hoping i get them) and noticed that one of the ending dates of my jobs was incorrect. its to late to change this on amcas since ive been verified and have sent in my secondaries. should i just call the schools and let them know of the correction or send them a formal letter so they have it on hand? if i send a letter should i add anything else to let them know im still interested?

thanks for all your help.
I wouldn't worry about it all that much. If someone asks, then you can tell them in the interview.

If it's something obvious - "you worked at XYZ until 2010" - then they'll pick up on it. If it was something else - "you've worked at XYZ since 1910" - then they'll pick up on it. There will always be typos on huge apps, so don't worry about it.