BOTH How to Approach Studying for Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc2be245

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've decided that Uworld FA and Pathoma are going to be my resources. Im 6 months out from Step 1 and Level 1.

I wanted to get some feedback from students who have gone through the tests and done well. Here is my plan. Please let me know what you think.

Im starting UWorld now to finish 1 pass before dedicated prep. I approach each question as a learning opportunity and a testing opportunity. I am going to be going through each question and then spending time taking notes on the explanation in my own words. I plan on reviewing my notes on the weekends to ensure I learn the material through repetition.

I use Pathoma to supplement my Pathology class at school and FA just as a check mark to ensure that I know the topic. The hard part for me is actually reading FA. I get little to nothing out of it.

Do you think that by Doing UWorld Throughly and reviewing my notes while referring to FA on certain topics is better then trying to read through FA then doing questions?

It seems like UWorld covers all the topics in that book in an integrated way.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have almost the identical situation to you. Except I use sketchymicro but yea haven't been using FA much even though I'm doing well in school. It's making me a bit nervous because eventually I k ow I'll have to look at it for first year stuff. Still haven't gotten uworld either because I'm trying to figure out how I'll have time to use FA and Uworld along with the sketchymicro and pathoma I already use while studying for classes too