How to approach a residency program you really really interested

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lydiahaha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted, and thanks for the advices.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That is exactly what signaling is for.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't do this. Use online resources to get information at this point. Signal appropriately. Ask about the program during the interview if you get one. You WANT things to ask about during the interview. When we are interviewing, we typically ask what the interviewee wants to know about the program. It is usually toward the end and especially by the end of the day, you can tell the interviewees are tired of coming up with questions to ask about the program (I tell them to just ask the same question you asked earlier to maybe get a different perspective from me).

Nah... don't listen to the above advice. Get the cell numbers of the PDs and arrange for a FaceTime meeting to go over your ERAS before submission and ask what to put there so that you get ranked no. 1.

#GunnerLife
#ThrowOthersUnderTheBus
#HungerGames2024
#EatOrBeEaten

;):)

Reactions: 1 user
I missed the op but in general:

Signals
Tailored personal statement
Asking your mentors to make calls on your behalf if needed

Nah... don't listen to the above advice. Get the cell numbers of the PDs and arrange for a FaceTime meeting to go over your ERAS before submission and ask what to put there so that you get ranked no. 1.

#GunnerLife
#ThrowOthersUnderTheBus
#HungerGames2024
#EatOrBeEaten

You’ve gotta weak game man. You gotta show up on the PDs door step with your Step score tattooed on your forehead. That’s what real dedication looks like.

• Haha
You’ve gotta weak game man. You gotta show up on the PDs door step with your Step score tattooed on your forehead. That’s what real dedication looks like.
That is exactly why I am trying to get rid/sabotage as much competition as I can now, before the season starts :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha

#GunnerLife
#ThrowOthersUnderTheBus
#HungerGames2024
#EatOrBeEaten

The real #1 gunner doesn’t even mess around with the Match. They just show up July 1st for orientation like a boss.

Big Hoss

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users