How the right’s ivermectin conspiracy theories led to people buying horse dewormer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alpha12

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That whole dunning krueger curve thing has been in full effect since last March. It's sort of amusing watching laymen that don't even know how to interpret clinical studies correctly attempt to do so. The last year has been amazing to watch. These people really think they can read a few biased articles written by other non-experts that have no idea WTF they are talking about and suddenly be smarter than people that have dedicated their entire lives to virology, immunology, medicine, and pharmacy.

But then they poison themselves with equine pharmaceuticals and it becomes sad.

At the same time, it's also given me a new perspective on expertise and how easily people fall for bull****. I value expertise more and the "conventional wisdom" of the general public considerably less.

Reactions: 5 users
Just in case people come here from google, I want to make it clear that Ivermectin is not some completely harmless drug. There is a reason it is prescription only for human use. Type "ivermectin induced blindness" into google if you don't believe me.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just in case people come here from google, I want to make it clear that Ivermectin is not some completely harmless drug. There is a reason it is prescription only for human use. Type "ivermectin induced blindness" into google if you don't believe me.

What I am about to say is not an endorsement, or recommendation to consider ivermectin. However I just kindly disagree with the premise behind this statement.

Something like this is incredibly rare and we typically do not let incredibly rare circumstance guide our treatment choice. Otherwise we would not use lisinopril out of fear of exploding their lips and killing them. Or we would not use citalopram out of fear of causing heart arrhythmia. Heck - don’t recommend the covid shot because it could cause a clot…

The human approved dose of ivermectin, lisinopril, citalopram, covid vaccine, etc is incredibly safe and we should not say - “don’t use it cause you could cause blindness” or cite rare circumstance in general

Before the mob comes out of the woodwork to say silly things about my perception of ivermectin/hcq - I made a post on how I feel about it about 5-6 days ago. Look at that before anyone comments directly please.

At the same time, it's also given me a new perspective on expertise and how easily people fall for bull****. I value expertise more and the "conventional wisdom" of the general public considerably less.
This is so true. “Common sense” is such a misnomer when you realize it can mean anything to anyone. Give me “uncommon sense” (I.e., expertise) any day.

What I am about to say is not an endorsement, or recommendation to consider ivermectin. However I just kindly disagree with the premise behind this statement.

Something like this is incredibly rare and we typically do not let incredibly rare circumstance guide our treatment choice. Otherwise we would not use lisinopril out of fear of exploding their lips and killing them. Or we would not use citalopram out of fear of causing heart arrhythmia. Heck - don’t recommend the covid shot because it could cause a clot…

The human approved dose of ivermectin, lisinopril, citalopram, covid vaccine, etc is incredibly safe and we should not say - “don’t use it cause you could cause blindness” or cite rare circumstance in general

Before the mob comes out of the woodwork to say silly things about my perception of ivermectin/hcq - I made a post on how I feel about it about 5-6 days ago. Look at that before anyone comments directly please.
Wouldn't it be easier to just wear a mask and get a vaccine instead of taking a horse pill? The right has gone bat**** crazy. We shouldn't need the FDA or CDC to tell us that drinking bleach or taking livestock medicine is a bad idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Wouldn't it be easier to just wear a mask and get a vaccine instead of taking a horse pill? The right has gone bat**** crazy. We shouldn't need the FDA or CDC to tell us that drinking bleach or taking livestock medicine is a bad idea.

Yes - the current evidence suggests that it is better to get vaccinated and practice mitigation strategies, over the treatment of ivermectin, until this thing is over. However, this is not going to stop providers from reasonably exploring the available published literature (as we should) and attempt treatments that may not be well established.

There is a difference between how we view the world. You say “the rights ivermectin conspiracy theory”. I would say, “an investigational drug therapy for the treatment of COVID”. This is how you keep politics separate from the practice of medicine.

The root of the problem with ivermectin/hcq is that the docs who explored these treatments advocated for them over the use of masks/social distancing - which triggered a political response that has continued to linger.

In one of your other posts I discussed my approach to ivermectin/HCQ and I would stand by my comments there.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes - the current evidence suggests that it is better to get vaccinated and practice mitigation strategies, over the treatment of ivermectin, until this thing is over. However, this is not going to stop providers from reasonably exploring the available published literature (as we should) and attempt treatments that may not be well established.

There is a difference between how we view the world. You say “the rights ivermectin conspiracy theory”. I would say, “an investigational drug therapy for the treatment of COVID”. This is how you keep politics separate from the practice of medicine.

The root of the problem with ivermectin/hcq is that the docs who explored these treatments advocated for them over the use of masks/social distancing - which triggered a political response that has continued to linger.

In one of your other posts I discussed my approach to ivermectin/HCQ and I would stand by my comments there.
You do realize that trumpers aren't taking the human form of ivermectin. They are taking the livestock version. No one should need to tell you not to take horse pills.

You do realize that trumpers aren't taking the human form of ivermectin. They are taking the livestock version. No one should need to tell you not to take horse pills.

Yes - I am aware that there are some people out there that are taking livestock medication. As to their political orientation, I honestly don’t care. However, I would suspect that if you surveyed the voting habits of everyone who has consumed livestock medication - I would be willing to bet that you would see all sorts of differences.

“Trumpers” and “non-trumpers” included.

Yes - I am aware that there are some people out there that are taking livestock medication. As to their political orientation, I honestly don’t care. However, I would suspect that if you surveyed the voting habits of everyone who has consumed livestock medication - I would be willing to bet that you would see all sorts of differences.

“Trumpers” and “non-trumpers” included.
I'm sure there would be outliers, but it's been proven in polling that it's mostly Trumpland that isn't on board with public health initiatives surrounding the pandemic.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure there would be outliers, but it's been proven in polling that it's mostly Trumpland that isn't on board with public health initiatives surrounding the pandemic.

I know an awful lot of hardcore liberals (especially the dread lock, vegan, no deodorant types) that refuse to vaccinate. And I have known a lot of Republican types to refuse.

The bias exists mostly in our heads and we confirm it with popular opinion and/or by consuming whatever opinion we seek on social media. The mainstream media exacerbates this is a very bad way by running clips where they point the finger at a very focused group that does not represent the whole.

Saying that anyone that does not go along with vaccination and is a liberal is an “outlier” is personal bias and I do not believe for a second any pole that was tallied on fox, cnn, or wherever the heck.

Vaccine hesitancy is real among all sorts of demographics and that’s the simple truth.

Last edited:

Huh? Lisinopril and Citalopram have proven morbidity/mortality benefits and the risk of an ADE can either be mitigated with proper monitoring or are indeed rare. Until there is data to support the use of ivermectin, these rare ADEs likely outweigh any benefit at even human doses.

If you are comfortable with people or prescribers using ivermectin/HCQ to treat COVID, encourage them to enroll in a clinical trial.

I know an awful lot of hardcore liberals (especially the dread lock, vegan, no deodorant types) that refuse to vaccinate. And I have known a lot of Republican types to refuse.

The bias exists mostly in our heads and we confirm it with popular opinion and/or by consuming whatever opinion we seek on social media. The mainstream media exacerbates this is a very bad way by running clips where they point the finger at a very focused group that does not represent the whole.

Saying that anyone that does not go along with vaccination and is a liberal is an “outlier” is personal bias and I do not believe for a second any pole that was tallied on fox, cnn, or wherever the heck.

Vaccine hesitancy is real among all sorts of demographics and that’s the simple truth.

Oh you are one of those "since both sides do 1/10 general items so everything is equal"

In some cases in life there is a right and wrong side

One side constantly protest at locations. Around me its a children's hospital
One side makes a scene at private establishments to not wear a mask or be vaccinated
One side acts a fool on airplanes
One side has people who believe in what they thing hogging all the hospitals beds in the country currently

your attempt to dilute and make everything 50/50 is why this and issues like climate change are not improving

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why are Biden supporters so afraid of ivermectin? Best case it improves patient's outcomes for COVID, worst case they take a placebo. I am looking forward to the results of the PRINCIPLE trial. Please don't waste my time by listing the extremely rare ADE profile - the FDA say it's "dangerous" because "ivermectin can interact with other medications.... you can also overdose"... no ****, that applies to every drug on the market.

Of course you can bash the <0.00001% who take cattle ivermectin which is 1000x the human dose. However, Biden supporters who bash providers for trying new therapies at the frontier of a pandemic are as senile as Biden.

That being said, I also do not understand those who refuse to get the vaccine bc of their pride... too many stubborn people out there, and it's costing them their lives.

It's sad that we are politicizing science.

Oh you are one of those "since both sides do 1/10 general items so everything is equal"

One side makes a scene at private establishments to not wear a mask or be vaccinated
One side has people who believe in what they thing hogging all the hospitals beds in the country currently

your attempt to dilute and make everything 50/50 is why this and issues like climate change are not improving
Can you blame him? When your side is bat**** crazy, the best you can do is both sides it.

Why are Biden supporters so afraid of ivermectin? Best case it improves patient's outcomes for COVID, worst case they take a placebo. I am looking forward to the results of the PRINCIPLE trial. Please don't waste my time by listing the extremely rare ADE profile - the FDA say it's "dangerous" because "ivermectin can interact with other medications.... you can also overdose"... no ****, that applies to every drug on the market.

Of course you can bash the <0.00001% who take cattle ivermectin which is 1000x the human dose. However, Biden supporters who bash providers for trying new therapies at the frontier of a pandemic are as senile as Biden.

That being said, I also do not understand those who refuse to get the vaccine bc of their pride... too many stubborn people out there, and it's costing them their lives.

It's sad that we are politicizing science.
Taking a drug in concentrated doses meant for horses is dangerous. There is no politics involved here.

Why are Biden supporters so afraid of ivermectin?
Why assume that those who are arguing against ivermectin are Biden supporters? You are doing exactly what you're complaining about.

bash providers for trying new therapies at the frontier of a pandemic are as senile as Biden.
My opinion: until we some more reliable data to support its use, these new therapies should be restricted to clinical trials. Providers who write scripts all willy nilly to everyone who asks for it should be bashed as that seems like irresponsible prescribing to me. Even moreso those providers who are taking virtual appointments for the sole purpose of handing out ivermectin scripts.

Why assume that those who are arguing against ivermectin are Biden supporters? You are doing exactly what you're complaining about.
Because that's literally what this whole article is about.

My opinion: until we some more reliable data to support its use, these new therapies should be restricted to clinical trials. Providers who write scripts all willy nilly to everyone who asks for it should be bashed as that seems like irresponsible prescribing to me. Even moreso those providers who are taking virtual appointments for the sole purpose of handing out ivermectin scripts.
To a certain extent I agree. I think prescribing ivermectin as prophylaxis is premature pending quality data. But someone who does not want the vaccine, has COVID with moderate-severe symptoms, should be allowed ivermectin - if not at least as a last ditch effort.

• Dislike
Can you blame him? When your side is bat**** crazy, the best you can do is both sides it.

You can assume whatever you want about who I am and how I think/feel. However, I can say that I have been a lifelong Republican voter (few times voted libertarian and I even voted for Ross Perot back in the day) - and I have many dear friends who are very liberal. We get along great due to the fact that we appreciate one another and value each other’s opinions.

Our social structure, and the society we have built as a whole, is much larger and complex than attempting to place blame on a single group because you have seen a few videos on social media that shows some weirdo being weird or some crazy group doing crazy things. If you take this position you better be ready to see an endless lineup of videos/testimonials that show the same type of behavior on the other side as well.

All I am saying is - we need to rise above the name calling and finger pointing. I appreciate my liberal friends and colleagues, and I will fight as hard as I can to protect their right to participate lawfully/morally in this society we have created. Liberal, conservative, gay, straight, black, white, Asian, whatever the hell - I got your back and I will always strive to believe that humans are always good at heart. I have never once, in my entire life, been in a circumstance where politics has strained a relationship.

We are all human and I know in my heart that we all screw up - the blame for the current state of affairs is on our shoulders as a people, and the path that we took to get here goes waaaaay back, until we realize this we will continue to devolve into something terrible.

Stop calling people bat**** crazy - stop assuming you know who and what they are. This only makes the problem worse.

I mean...
racev3-01.png

You can attempt "both sides" this as much as you want, but, as with most cases, "one side" is considerably more stupid.

Let's talk about something stupid some liberals believe in like defunding the police and I'll tell you it's mostly liberals with the stupid belief.

And as such, with most things related to coronavirus, and I'm sorry to hurt your delicate sensibilities, but it's crazy fascist Trumpland that's representing the bulk of our stupid.

This is just a fact.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Stop calling people bat**** crazy - stop assuming you know who and what they are. This only makes the problem worse.
Your don't understand what the problem is. Your side believes in lies and conspiracy theories. They literally bought trump's lies about stolen election and attempted to overthrow the govt in 1/06. tell me when left did something that silly. Is there liberal version of Qanon? I doubt it. I can post something on facebook that says beaver jizz can cure covid and it will go viral among righties and they will buy it.

Last edited:
we need to rise above the name calling and finger pointing. I appreciate my liberal friends and colleagues, and I will fight as hard as I can to protect their right to participate lawfully/morally in this society we have created. Liberal, conservative, gay, straight, black, white, Asian, whatever the hell - I got your back and I will always strive to believe that humans are always good at heart. I have never once, in my entire life, been in a circumstance where politics has strained a relationship.

We are all human and I know in my heart that we all screw up - the blame for the current state of affairs is on our shoulders as a people, and the path that we took to get here goes waaaaay back, until we realize this we will continue to devolve into something terrible.

Stop calling people bat**** crazy -

Pfffft. You can't expect people to ignore the opportunity to make Tomas de Torquemada look like a patsy.

Most of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world

Huh? Lisinopril and Citalopram have proven morbidity/mortality benefits and the risk of an ADE can either be mitigated with proper monitoring or are indeed rare. Until there is data to support the use of ivermectin, these rare ADEs likely outweigh any benefit at even human doses.

If you are comfortable with people or prescribers using ivermectin/HCQ to treat COVID, encourage them to enroll in a clinical trial.

I am not going to go out of my way to call up a prescriber and encourage them to enroll in a clinical trial. They should know what/how to do this themselves.

Did you know that ranitidine is being actively studied as an investigational treatment for covid? Difference here is the study designers had the sense to not go onto Fox News and talk about how this is a better option than masking. Most people do not know this - but when the study authors of the ivermectin studies published, they actually booked time on the Sean Hannity show to announce their results. They then took a position that this is better than masking. This was quite possibly the dumbest thing you could do.

Look - all I’m saying is that this thing became a political issue for a reason, that reason is that the study authors actually took a political position. Then the political machine came down like a ton of bricks on the study authors. If you take an objective point of view on this thing you can reasonably see this thing as an investigational drug like any other drug we have studied/used for decades.

Again - I do nit advocate or recommend its use at this time. But, if a provider makes a reasoned decision out there to take a shot at it, I do not feel like it would be appropriate for me to make some sort of fuss out of it. I do believe that being objective is important and I am capable of separating the politics from this situation.

At this time - the evidence for use is not compelling. However I do look forward to further studies which will either confirm/deny this hypothesis. Also, I do not share your opinion that the rare adverse effects of appropriately dosed ivermectin outweigh any perceived benefit of treatment. And that is okay - this is the practice of medicine and we will naturally take different positions.

Currently - I advocate and recommend vaccination as the best way to approach covid. I am also a advocate for supportive care with dexamethasone when their O2 sats hit a certain level. And I also like antiviral treatment if they do not improve on steroid. I have been part of a few uses of monoclonals as well. Never have I thought - “we should try ivermectin”. However, if someone on my team brought this up, I would listen and allow them a voice in the team. This is my position and just because I am able to separate the practice of medicine from politics - does not mean I am some sort of “proud boy” or something if the sort. And I would encourage everyone to practice objectivity.

Last edited:
Agree @JustFillIt - one of the most draining things from this pandemic has been the encroachment of politics into the scientific method. Everyone is now a public health and clinical trial expert. It drowns out rational attempts to find an easy and cheap therapy, and at the same time fosters distrust in what we know works to actually decrease morbidity and mortality from this disease.

I've had an unvaccinated, hypoxic patients refuse remdesivir who then changed their mind when we literally told them "This is what Trump got".

Today, I had a vaccinated patient who tested positive and started self-medicating with Ivermectin two days ago - so I'm unsure of their political affiliation.

It's sad these are the conversations and thoughts I have at work now.

• Love
Agree @JustFillIt - one of the most draining things from this pandemic has been the encroachment of politics into the scientific method. Everyone is now a public health and clinical trial expert. It drowns out rational attempts to find an easy and cheap therapy, and at the same time fosters distrust in what we know works to actually decrease morbidity and mortality from this disease.

I've had an unvaccinated, hypoxic patients refuse remdesivir who then changed their mind when we literally told them "This is what Trump got".

Today, I had a vaccinated patient who tested positive and started self-medicating with Ivermectin two days ago - so I'm unsure of their political affiliation.

It's sad these are the conversations and thoughts I have at work now.

I wish I could like this post, at least, 1000 times.

You can assume whatever you want about who I am and how I think/feel. However, I can say that I have been a lifelong Republican voter (few times voted libertarian and I even voted for Ross Perot back in the day) - and I have many dear friends who are very liberal. We get along great due to the fact that we appreciate one another and value each other’s opinions.

Our social structure, and the society we have built as a whole, is much larger and complex than attempting to place blame on a single group because you have seen a few videos on social media that shows some weirdo being weird or some crazy group doing crazy things. If you take this position you better be ready to see an endless lineup of videos/testimonials that show the same type of behavior on the other side as well.

All I am saying is - we need to rise above the name calling and finger pointing. I appreciate my liberal friends and colleagues, and I will fight as hard as I can to protect their right to participate lawfully/morally in this society we have created. Liberal, conservative, gay, straight, black, white, Asian, whatever the hell - I got your back and I will always strive to believe that humans are always good at heart. I have never once, in my entire life, been in a circumstance where politics has strained a relationship.

Sounds like you live in a nice safe bubble. Your only friends with people you get along with (aka people with the same social status) like yourself. If they so happen to be not like you (race/gender), you can use them as your diversity scapegoat in the future (or now on this forum)

You don't know any poor or crazy people in real life so you assume since you don't see it the events on social media or tv are in the minority.

Then you and say you care about everyone, but you can't since you have already explained your unwillingness to see the people's issues for what they are only in a 50/50 lens

this person is a Karen or Ken. I am not going to waste my time with you anymore.

• Dislike
Sounds like you live in a nice safe bubble. Your only friends with people you get along with (aka people with the same social status) like yourself. If they so happen to be not like you (race/gender), you can use them as your diversity scapegoat in the future (or now on this forum)

You don't know any poor or crazy people in real life so you assume since you don't see it the events on social media or tv are in the minority.

Then you and say you care about everyone, but you can't since you have already explained your unwillingness to see the people's issues for what they are only in a 50/50 lens

this person is a Karen or Ken. I am not going to waste my time with you anymore.

This post is absolutely bizarre.

I lived in a mans garage for 6 months early on in life. I had a car, an air mattress, and a full time job - that’s it. I won’t even talk about how many days I sat there at work wondering how I was going to afford my next meal. I had nothing - I know what it means to struggle and I am a better man for it. You think I don’t know crazy? my mother died when i was 14 from alcoholism. I never graduated high school (as a teenager) and I left my home at the age of 16. I didn’t know wtf to do so I joined job corps and later the navy. Have you ever lived in a group home provided by job corps?

Now, I have a doctorate degree, a wife of 18 years, and 5 children. The utter exhaustion, stress, and overwhelming worry that I had to endure to accomplish this is too much to explain.

The crap you just posted is nothing more than scripted garbage that you could copy/paste from some word bank intended to supply you with one liners to put others down and try to sound smart in the process.

You have absolutely no idea who I am or what I stand for in the real world. However, you are quite comfortable executing extreme prejudice without much knowledge. Not only is your post bizarre - but you truly revealed your prejudice in the process. The things you said about me are better applied to you considering the way you acted toward me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Never prescribed Ivermectin in any preventive or therapeutic capacity for COVID. Never have and never will.

• Dislike
That's why trumpists have started taking horse pills.
It's their funeral.. They are too consumed with their brazen self righteousness that I fear of no amount of education will convince them otherwise.

Because that's literally what this whole article is about.
I disagree. The article certainly pushes back against conspiracy theories that fox commentators are spreading, but I don't see how that relates to Biden. It doesn't even really argue against using ivermectin, just that it's an unproven treatment and that it should not be used inappropriately.

To a certain extent I agree. I think prescribing ivermectin as prophylaxis is premature pending quality data. But someone who does not want the vaccine, has COVID with moderate-severe symptoms, should be allowed ivermectin - if not at least as a last ditch effort.
Can't reallyargue here though. My issue comes from the claims that the FDA/CDC/WHO is discouraging ivermectin use because they're in the pocket of big pharma. Or the implication that ivermectin is a reasonable prophylactic measure and was ignored because its use may have jeopardized the vaccines' EUA.

Honestly I'm just tired of this pandemic and we have a clear way out: vaccinations, masks, social distancing. I'm all for exploring new treatments but we know those three work and they're most likely going to be our quickest way out of this mess.

Ivermectin is a fkin neurotoxin, why the fk would you take that even if it showed some promise at preventing covid.
Yes. It's like the idiots that drank bleach. Yes bleach might kill the coronavirus but it will kill you as well.

So here is something funny - I was walking into work today and there was a protest (in my area of the world the vaccine issue has boiled over in some respects). I heard someone scream at the top of his lungs to a hospital administrator the following:

“You f****** pu***!!!! Come over here and I’ll give my jab up your a**!!!”

I started laughing and I almost couldn’t stop myself for the next 2 hours. Oh my - hearing someone scream that was out of this world.

It’s a scary world out there…. We should all be asking ourselves the question, “are we part of the problem, or are we part of the solution”. Name calling, screaming profanities, and acting out is not going to help at all.

In any case, I allowed myself a laugh today. I never would have thought that I would hear something like that in my lifetime. I suppose I pictured the end of the world to be a little different. More Independence Day like….. This just sucks….

So here is something funny - I was walking into work today and there was a protest (in my area of the world the vaccine issue has boiled over in some respects). I heard someone scream at the top of his lungs to a hospital administrator the following:

I started laughing and I almost couldn’t stop myself for the next 2 hours. Oh my - hearing someone scream that was out of this world.

It’s a scary world out there…. We should all be asking ourselves the question, “are we part of the problem, or are we part of the solution”. Name calling, screaming profanities, and acting out is not going to help at all.

In any case, I allowed myself a laugh today. I never would have thought that I would hear something like that in my lifetime. I suppose I pictured the end of the world to be a little different. More Independence Day like….. This just sucks….
So you just start laughing. You aren't concerned that your colleagues are being threatened by your fellow gopers? You definitely “are we part of the problem," as you would say.

So you just start laughing. You aren't concerned that your colleagues are being threatened by your fellow gopers? You definitely “are we part of the problem," as you would say.

Oh I’m concerned - I’m actually very concerned. As to if they are my “fellow gopers” I have no idea.

By the way - by my estimation you are seething with hatred as far as I can tell. Similar to this guy I was talking about.

I just blocked your posts so don’t bother responding.

We have protests outside hospitals in Queens/Long Island also. One idiot had a poster equating mandatory masks/vaccines with communism, absolute *****s.

Let's say Covid wasn't a respiratory disease but more like the disease in I Am Legend that makes the people go bat**** insane and super strong/fast zombies who cannibalize others. There would still be dumbfks out there crying about rights if the government decided to lock up or put down anyone who tested positive.

Would there be a Will Smith to shoot these people?

Millions of brave conservatives are defending our natural, God-given right to transmit severe respiratory illnesses to our elderly and immunocompromised neighbors. If we’re expected to take measures to reduce the spread of highly contagious illnesses when we’re in public, what’s to stop us from becoming a full-blown communist dictatorship?

Reactions: 2 users
Millions of brave conservatives are defending our natural, God-given right to transmit severe respiratory illnesses to our elderly and immunocompromised neighbors. If we’re expected to take measures to reduce the spread of highly contagious illnesses when we’re in public, what’s to stop us from becoming a full-blown communist dictatorship?
Precisely. It's better to die with our freedumbs than to wear masks.

So you are saying they should get the Karl Brandt or Unit 731 treatment?

Never prescribed Ivermectin in any preventive or therapeutic capacity for COVID. Never have and never will.
So you are making this claim prior to any robust evidence supporting/discounting ivermectin as a viable treatment option? and you're a supposed physician? Biden supporters gonna be Biden supporters I guess.

So you are making this claim prior to any robust evidence supporting/discounting ivermectin as a viable treatment option? and you're a supposed physician? Biden supporters gonna be Biden supporters I guess.
There is not a single health organization, medical society, public health agency (WHO, FDA Advisory panel, CDC) that endorses/recommends/authorizes the use of ivermectin as a therapeutic or prophylactic agent for COVID after extensive reviews on the available evidences on Ivermectin for COVID use. Even Merck, the developer of the drug, does not recommend using Ivermectin beyond its clinical indications, so why Should I prescribe the drug for COVID? I'm not simply making this claim out of whim, my clinical decisions are guided by evidence based medicine as any competent and sensible physician should have.

So you are making this claim prior to any robust evidence supporting/discounting ivermectin as a viable treatment option?
Same reason he doesn't prescribe drinking bleach. Just because faux news thinks is a good idea, doesn't make it a scientific opinion.

There is not a single health organization, medical society, public health agency (WHO, FDA Advisory panel, CDC) that endorses/recommends/authorizes the use of ivermectin as a therapeutic or prophylactic agent for COVID after extensive reviews on the available evidences on Ivermectin for COVID use. Even Merck, the developer of the drug, does not recommend using Ivermectin beyond its clinical indications, so why Should I prescribe the drug for COVID? I'm not simply making this claim out of whim, my clinical decisions are guided by evidence based medicine as any competent and sensible physician should have.

As long as you, as a provider, made this decision based on the best information available in the medical community - and not because you feel that conservatives favor this treatment and therefore you refuse to consider it - I support your decision 100%.

However, it is also important to respect the fact that some providers have also analyzed the primary literature and have made the decision for themselves that it is worth a shot. You can disagree with them - but, this does not diminish the right of the provider that you disagree with to practice medicine in the way that they determine to be the best decision for their patient.

This is the practice of medicine and some will do it differently than you do - and that’s okay.