Highest ivermectin dose ever seen??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makeawish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dr left vm - ivermectin 3mg #108 tablets with direction “Take 18 tablets po daily for 6 days”, and she asked to dispense even partial quantities, but we didn’t have enough qty just for 1 time dose. 😂
It was for Covid prevention… obviously.

Has anyone seen any higher dose than this?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Dr left vm - ivermectin 3mg #108 tablets with direction “Take 18 tablets po daily for 6 days”, and she asked to dispense even partial quantities, but we didn’t have enough qty just for 1 time dose. 😂
It was for Covid prevention… obviously.

Has anyone seen any higher dose than this?

Is there literature to support this dose? I use the following guideline, released by the FDA. If I remember right I think it’s 12 mg qd for 5 days? (Correct me if I’m wrong I’m too lazy to look and I can’t remember).

Anyways - 54 mg seems awfully high. But I dunno - it’s been months since I’ve seen it used.

Last edited:
Is there literature to support this dose? I use the following guideline, released by the FDA. If I remember right I think it’s 12 mg qd for 5 days? (Correct me if I’m wrong I’m too lazy to look and I can’t remember).

Anyways - 54 mg seems awfully high. But I dunno - it’s been months since I’ve seen it used.
They claimed it’s weight based dosing, 0.2mg/kg. Then the pt must me 270kg = 595lb.?? I really don’t know what they’re doing.

The othe telehealth dr from far away state sent an e-script, with 16 tab per day for 5days. And one tiny lady came to pick up and told me that, “don’t worry, my family’s gonna share them, and I’m ganna using Goodrx.” Smh

Last edited:
Inpatient use, it's 0.4mg/kg which I've seen fairly often, and it goes up to 0.6mg/kg. But I wouldn't go anywhere close to that dose for prevention.

Here's a link to the protocol it's based on.

Reactions: 1 user