How Old will you be when You start Pharmacy school (2006)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 28, but I'll be 29 in December.

Members don't see this ad :)
vicky336 said:
i'll be 19!!

genuine, you do NOT look 27. i think i just had a heart attack. you look like you're my age! or how i should look bc i think i look like i'm 14...

haha thanks... yeah people drop their jaws when I say 27... its funny... I really CANT believe I'm 27 either! Seriously time flies once u graduate.. I've a Bachelors degree and been workin the past 4 yrs (a "real job")!

You do look 19... but i was still shocked, cuz I was like dang u r young... and then that continued for soooo many other people I met.. and thats when I was like, "Wow I'm 27!" :D

33 and loving it!

well, i'm still a senior in high school right now but hopefully i'll be 21. :) or less...currently 17 almost 18 :p

Members don't see this ad :)
29 for the 4th year !!!! :)

n0estoy said:
for all you career switchers, do you have any idea on what field in pharmacy you would like to get in to. i feel like you guys have probably given it a little more thought than we have.

Pharmacy management for me. Since I got a BS in business/accounting and I am planning on getting my MBA as well.

I will be 28.
Still young.
I hope it is.

I graduated undergrad with a business degree and then went to work for GlaxoSmithKline (pharmacy has always been in the back of my mind and I thought working there would be enough..it wasnt!!!). While I was there they paid me for me to go back to school so I decided to do nursing part time since you can't do pharmacy part-time. The only part I liked was helping children. I also want to have children and felt that medicine is hard to balance with children which left me with the perfect solution of a clinical pediatric pharmacist. So I went and got a Masters in bio to finish my pre-req and will start Duquesne PostBac PharmD program this fall. I tried to get a job at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh as an intern but they only take full-time..They did assure me they would think about it so we'll see..Otherwise I guess it's back to Walgreens or CVS...So that's my story..Once again, I'll be 25...

I've also applied to A LOT of schools in the past two years..my undergrad grades were pretty low for any of you seeking hope....

Switching from Drug Discovery.
I haven't been in lab since last summer. I guess I can not call myself a chemist for much longer.
What do you guys think? Once out of the lab can you be considered a chemist still? :confused:

Genuine said:
haha thanks... yeah people drop their jaws when I say 27... its funny... I really CANT believe I'm 27 either! Seriously time flies once u graduate.. I've a Bachelors degree and been workin the past 4 yrs (a "real job")!

You do look 19... but i was still shocked, cuz I was like dang u r young... and then that continued for soooo many other people I met.. and thats when I was like, "Wow I'm 27!" :D

Me neither. I thought Genuine was a teen.. With the positive attitude that she carries along, I really need to learn from her. :)

glitterstar said:
Me neither. I thought Genuine was a teen.. With the positive attitude that she carries along, I really need to learn from her. :)

awwwwww :) Thank You :)

I'll be 22 when I start with a Bachelors in Molecular Biology.

23 but feeling like i'm 40...damn 7am anatomy. Oh well I only have to get up at 6am for exactly 12 more mornings :)

Just turned 29.... hoping to be accepted in the 2007 - 2008 cycle.... so using my math... I will be be 30 when applying and 31 when accepted (I hope, I hope). Boy, I sure am getting old lol :laugh:

I was so worried that I be one of the oldest... but being 24 seems OK

I would have just turned 22 a few weeks before school starts.

I was 22 when I started back in 2005

28! I feel like I got such a late start : )

heatherkmd said:
28 and loving life baby!

Why did you quote my post out of all of them? :confused:

I'm 20 not 28...although I guess my username might give you that impression.

Im a bit older than the Earth.. but IM still going.. I will be specialized in AARP benefit... hehehe. Just kiddng, I will be 31

DC1120 said:
just out of curiosity... what did you all do before making the decision to puruse pharmacy? Was it pharmacy related, healthcare related, or something completely different?

Im 32.. I was a research chemist for a few years working in nanotechnology in both industry and academia.

usi said:
Switching from Drug Discovery.
I haven't been in lab since last summer. I guess I can not call myself a chemist for much longer.
What do you guys think? Once out of the lab can you be considered a chemist still? :confused:

definately... you'll always be a non-practising chemist

I'm 22 now... I'll be 23 when I start in August!

21, I hope. But most likely 22 or 23. :)