How much money do you make and transparent salary/job offer thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not even named after your best city.

Hey...I am not an Ohioan. I lived there for 2 years....I am now back in my beloved home state of Texas.

You must mean Columbus - pretty nice city. Although I will say Cincinnati grew on me when I was in Ohio for grad school; Mt. Adams is a fun neighborhood. Never did understand the chili, though.

Yeah, Columbus was okay. I worked at the VA there but lived in London.

Now Look here son...ALL proper chili is ALSO.... spaghetti

We are only slightly south of there but also think these people should be put into a mental institution for such nonsense.
I like it...it's unique. It's not how I do chili (Texas chili does not have beans let alone the other additions that Cincinnati chili has)

I really enjoy Skyline Chili a few times a year, as there is something unique about the ingredients all combined. Separate...they are weird, but spaghetti, chili, onions, cheese, & hot sauce.... 🤤. I forget the other big Cinci chili, but that's meh. I enjoy real chili the most, especially during the cold months.
Skyline is so chained. We went to Mt. Washington Diner which is one of the few iconic places to get the chili at. I would get me the 7 way chili.

Members don't see this ad.

I like it...it's unique. It's not how I do chili (Texas chili does not have beans let alone the other additions that Cincinnati chili has)
You should be placed into a smelly home for the clinically goofy.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get me started on the abomination that is most Texas BBQ... ;)

A piece of my soul just died. It's funny, I love all types of BBQ, I am not a "purist" as I know many Texans are. I love my Texas BBQ tho. I am spoiled living in Sugar Land - there are some excellent places around here. I am thinking of heading up to Franklin's BBQ in Austin in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
A piece of my soul just died. It's funny, I love all types of BBQ, I am not a "purist" as I know many Texans are. I love my Texas BBQ tho. I am spoiled living in Sugar Land - there are some excellent places around here. I am thinking of heading up to Franklin's BBQ in Austin in the next couple of weeks.
BBQ Ranked:
1. KC
2. Texas
3. North Carolina
4. Memphis
5. Everyone else

In case people wanted a proper list. :D

• Haha
I liked TX BBQ; wasn't my favorite, but I enjoyed it. I do think, like lots of stuff, it can be over-hyped.

But good lord, that state is huge. You drive into it thinking you're almost done with your trip only to realize you're not even halfway there.

Indeed....everything is bigger here :)

I don't know, I went to more than a dozen places between Houston and Austin while I was there and was underwhelmed.

Did you try Franklin's in Austin?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't tried that one.

Give it a try. It's different now ever since Guy Fieri showcased it on DDD many years ago. They have expanded from their original location (closed it down) and I think in an effort to appeal to the masses, their quality also went down across the board.

Give it a try. It's different now ever since Guy Fieri showcased it on DDD many years ago. They have expanded from their original location (closed it down) and I think in an effort to appeal to the masses, their quality also went down across the board.

Would that mean I'd have to go to Dallas? Eww. :)

• Haha
The amount of money I just dropped on tickets to see my alma mater play a certain football game at the end of november has me questioning why i moved back to the OH as well. That being said, Cbus has a great market for criminal and family relations forensic work, if you know the right people.

Reactions: 1 users
The amount of money I just dropped on tickets to see my alma mater play a certain football game at the end of november has me questioning why i moved back to the OH as well. That being said, Cbus has a great market for criminal and family relations forensic work, if you know the right people.

That is true. I was fortunate enough to begin my forensic side of my practice with a practice there in Cbus with a great group of people. They were located just blocks away from the court houses and government buildings there.

I’m also a Carolina BBQ truther and I’m from the north so I have no horse in this race. Love that tangy vinegar base!

• Wow
I’m also a Carolina BBQ truther and I’m from the north so I have no horse in this race. Love that tangy vinegar base!

Preach it! Also a northern midwesterner who loves that vinegar. I make a lot of hot sauce and vinegar is my preferred base, both for flavor and preservation.

I actually like both. When I do my ribs, I smoke them (321 method) using a dry rub, of course brown sugar/honey/butter in hours 4 and 5, then the last hour I put on a nice sauce to glaze it in its last hour of cooking. Then add a bit more once off the grill.

This may be the most epic thread drift in a while. I feel like we should rename this thread.

Internship: $25,000 in Florida
Research Postdoc: $60,000 in Florida
Research Faculty First Position: $105,000 in Florida
Leaving faculty position to start private practice in West Coast of Florida. Hoping I can build a successful practice with my specialties/niche.

I’ll add my data in case others find it useful. I’m mid career, non-neuro.

Internship: $25k
Postdoc: $45k
VA: $80-103k
For-profit medical group: $105-111k base, +RVU productivity bonus ($6-20k/ year) + $2k/year professional development
AMC: $130k + bonus + $4k prof development

All positions beyond internship came with health insurance and retirement benefits. Some came with hiring bonuses, student loan repayment, and/or paid moving expenses (these perks are not always listed in the job announcement - make sure to ask!)

Internship: $56,500
Post Doc: $65,200

Both government-affiliated positions so good benefits and leave time

Such a valuable thread. I have two contributions and a question:

Interenship: 30K (plus benefits and paid time off, high COL area)
Postdoc 60K (plus benefits and paid time off, high COL area)

Question: A colleague is doing their postdoc at a fee-for-service private practice. What's a reasonable fee split for a postdoc in this position? I've seen conversations about splits for licensed psychs, and I'm wondering how this would look for a pre-licensed postdoc.

Question: A colleague is doing their postdoc at a fee-for-service private practice. What's a reasonable fee split for a postdoc in this position? I've seen conversations about splits for licensed psychs, and I'm wondering how this would look for a pre-licensed postdoc.

They'll be lucky to get 50/50 in most markets. Billing can get complicated for certain payor sources, and everything is under someone else's license and needs a lot more time on the part of that license holder.

This depends on a lot of factors, including payor sources. That said, things Iike patient volume need to be taken into account as well. I had a good split when I did this (65%), but it was part-time and cash only (~10 hrs/wk). My day job had a much worse split, but was high volume and got me licensed on schedule.