How much does NBME 7 underpredict for STEP 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nebuchadnezzarII

CALI born and raised.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took NBME 7 for diagnostic purposes and got a 185....STEP 2 CK is 5 weeks away. Should I postpone? Freaking out a little.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Took it nd got a 190. Exam 6 weeks away. I'm confused atm.
I don't have my results yet, but don't stress about it. With <5 weeks of studying, I ended up getting UWSA2 score of 254. And a week before that, UWSA1 score of 236. NBMEs are worthless for STEP 2 CK. BUT AGAIN, I don't have my score yet. So take my advice with a grain of salt. I'll update you when I get my score. For now, just keep studying.

I scored in the low 260s for CK and my NBME 7 was in the mid 230s 2.5 weeks before. My UWSA 1 and 2 were much more reflective of my actual score. I think it is well known that NBMEs, 7 in particular, under predict. If you take 6 or 8 and are still scoring well below your goal you may want to take a UWSA to get a better idea of where you stand.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a 224 on form 7 and a 255 on the real step 2, but to be fair i was not focused when i was taking form 7

To put everyone’s mind at ease.
NBME 7 = 185
STEP 2 CK = 243
Not stellar, but better than failing! I’m content. And you should be too if you see a jump like this within a few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users