How much do you interact with your departmental colleagues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackinabox1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question mainly for those in academics, where there is that division among liquid oncology, solid oncology, and hematology: how much do you interact with others from the different divisions within heme-onc?

At my institution, an NCI cancer institute, people across these divisions may know each other's names at most and there isn't that much interaction except at department level meetings. I'm wondering if this is the norm.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question mainly for those in academics, where there is that division among liquid oncology, solid oncology, and hematology: how much do you interact with others from the different divisions within heme-onc?

At my institution, an NCI cancer institute, people across these divisions may know each other's names at most and there isn't that much interaction except at department level meetings. I'm wondering if this is the norm.
At my large academic center in which there are at least 50 faculty within the division there ranges from 0 interaction to significant amount of interaction depending on the disease Type. I’m often interacting with my benign heme myeloma lymphoma and bmt colleagues, occasionally with solid tumor lung for example and less so with everyone else (I’m apart of our leukemia group)