How many interview invites should make you nervous?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDancing22

Reaction score
US MD student. 212/250 ( fudged the numbers a bit, but around there for both). Did two aways, plus my home program. 5 interview invites total. I was reading the spreadsheet website thing and then posts on here talking about how people with way higher scores are only getting 8 interviews and I'm wondering if I need to be worrying right now? Should I look at the 3 interview invites from my home program and the two aways as pity invites? Any advice would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

They’re invites. Look at it this way, the program wants to want you, and so unless you completely fudge the interview, they’re likely going to rank you. If your numbers alone would give them a reason not to rank you they wouldn’t have invited you in the first place.

That being said, it’s pretty darn late in the season and the only interviews coming out now will be from people who cancel late. It’s possible you may still get an invite, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Five interviews is not an ideal number, but people with fewer have matched at their dream programs. At this point there isn’t much that worrying about it is going to do. Buck up, knock the interviews out of the park.

Reactions: 1 user