Attending radiologists: How many hours do you work per week, and how much vacation do you get?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odyssey2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And are you in academics/VA or private practice?

Members don't see this ad.

51 hrs per week on avg (when including weekend call). 13 weeks vacation, true (not PE) private practice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is working something like .75 of full-time an option? (I have a hobby that I really want to pursue... xD)

In this job market, anything is possible. But when the tides turn, you're the first on the chopping block.

Is working something like .75 of full-time an option? (I have a hobby that I really want to pursue... xD)
you won't get paid .75 of a full time salary if you can find someone to take you on at .75 time.

you also wont be on a partnership track.

might be possible though

Including call, 50 hrs on average

14-15 weeks vacation

Private practice

How many studies/RVUs are you guys required to put in on an average work day? Also what is your subspecialty? Thanks.

We read about 105 studies per shift on average. Our billing company does not break down work into wRVUs but total RVUs last year were about 20k per rad. It’s not too bad. Something like 30-40 ct/MRI and the balance being mainly xr.