General Admissions & OTCAS How long does it take to get verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ferna149

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I just e-submitted my application on OTCAS yesterday and was just wondering if anyone knows typically how long it takes to get verified. Also, being that I submitted fairly early for this cycle, does it make a difference? I applied to USC's early decision and was wondering if anyone knew when the earliest time is that they release their admission decisions. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard it can take up to 4-6 weeks for the verification process when OTCAS is busiest, but mine was verified in about a week since it is early in the cycle! My application had a hold because not all of my transcript were received so once my last transcript was received (which took about 2 weeks to be processed) my application was verified within 5 days. As far as applications being submitted early, all of the schools that I have talked to except for one has said there is definitely a benefit to applying early. Even in regular decision schools, the fact that they can take the time to look at your application early can really be a benefit to the applicant!

Hello!
I just e-submitted my application on OTCAS yesterday and was just wondering if anyone knows typically how long it takes to get verified. Also, being that I submitted fairly early for this cycle, does it make a difference? I applied to USC's early decision and was wondering if anyone knew when the earliest time is that they release their admission decisions. Thanks so much!

I submitted a week ago and my application was verified in about 1 day (I was shocked!). I got an email on a Friday night at 8pm that it was verified and I was surprised because I was gearing up to wait a while. Also, I think USC does early admissions but I don't think they look at apps and get back to anyone till around the end of November. I'm just going off of their website though so if I were you I'd send an email or just call and ask. I'm also planning on applying to this one and would be curious to know when they actually review apps and make decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

Hi ferna149,
I'm about to submit my application on OTCAS and I'm very curious how long it'll take to get verified. I was wondering if yours has been verified yet. If it has, how long did it take? If not, will you please post here when it does get verified? Thanks!

Hi ferna149,
I'm about to submit my application on OTCAS and I'm very curious how long it'll take to get verified. I was wondering if yours has been verified yet. If it has, how long did it take? If not, will you please post here when it does get verified? Thanks!
Hi!! Yes! Mine was verified after 4-5 days that I submitted. Good luck to you!