How is Unibe Med school in D.R?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redence

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a high school senior in America, planning to become a Physician Assistant or a Doctor. My parents really urge me to go to this foreign 6 year med school in Dominican Republic called "Unibe"? Any reviews of it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
I'm a high school senior in America, planning to become a Physician Assistant or a Doctor. My parents really urge me to go to this foreign 6 year med school in Dominican Republic called "Unibe"? Any reviews of it?

Noooo! First- aim high, become a doctor. Finish your bachelors degree and then see from there. You're too young to make an unwise decision like that. If you have family in the DR, speak spanish, and want to practice in the DR, then go there. Otherwise, you'll have an extremely difficult time matching in the US. You're 17/18 years old- do your bachelors degree and do well, then see your options then. Even if you need to do a masters degree or post-bacc after a bachelors, I'd suggest that over going to Unibe (even if it's 2 years cut from your time in school).

Do your research and don't make a dumb decision, wasting time and money. You're young- go to college, have some fun, join clubs, meet people, and get a solid science GPA. No need to rush at go overseas.

Members don't see this ad :)
They lost their ability to secure Title IV loans.

Our School | UNIBE

If you don't know what that means, maybe that's a good place to start your own investigation. And, at the same time, instruct your parents.

-Skip

Reactions: 1 user