This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

williamsmateo

Reaction score
Hello, I am a pre-dental student. I am entering my 3rd year and I am taking Ochem II, Genetics, and Analytical Chemistry. How hard is my semester going to be, ball park? I passed Ochem I with a C and struggle to understand the material.

Members don't see this ad.

Just based off of your ochem experience, you may have a hard time. I found that ochem 2 was more of a continuation of ochem 1 and really built off of the foundations from ochem 1. I think if you use other resources, like chads videos (free) along with your professor and book you can have a chance. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes this is going to be a harder semester. I think if it was genetics and o-chem II then totally feasible and common for people to do. But adding analytical chem is tricky especially if you struggled with o-chem I.

I usually took 1 hard, 2 medium and 1 easy for class distribution. So I took o chem II, nutrition, exercise physiology and two human health courses back in the day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
honestly, practice is key for oc2. I purchased DAT Bootcamp early and relied on their practice questions for practice. I also used Chad's videos and some of my teachers notes. The combination of all 3 materials helped me achieve the best grade possible. Genetics is one of my favorite subjects and had a strong background, of course, this might be different for some but I highly recommend khan academy for this subject. Analytical chemistry is not a pre requisite just make sure you don't let it hinder your overall gpa. Mainly, kill OC2 and turn that C into an A!

best of luck :)