This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marcusbailey

Reaction score
I attend a university that has multiple regional campuses where students can take classes from any one of them. Organic Chemistry 2 lecture and lab are being offered online through a neighboring campus and I want to take it there. The registrar's office told me that the official transcript won't say whether the courses were taken online but it will definitely state the campus's name where I took the course from. Dental schools, however, do not want online labs (outside of the pandemic), but I want to take Orgo 2 lab & lec online. Will dental school look at my transcript and question why I took the lecture and lab at a different campus but all my other classes from that semester were taken at my home campus?

Has anyone ever applied and got accepted with any online labs from a completely different school or campus? If yes, did they bring it up in your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I took biochemistry online, at a completely different school. But I took it after getting verification from TMDSAS that the course would count as credit for my prerequisite requirements. Even just for my prereqs for dental school, I took them at a mish mash of different schools. As long as you are taking the correct courses at an accredited school they will count as credit.

I highly doubt the schools will question you taking everything at one school and then just one course at another. After all, medical school applicants do it all the time, to get an easier professor/class at a different school. You don't need to worry about that in my opinion. What you SHOULD be wary about is if your schools tell you no online courses, and then you go and take one online. Yes, the registrar will say the format won't be listed on the transcripts, but you can't verify that till AFTER you pay for and take the course and then order an official transcript for yourself after you completed the course to verify that yes, the format wasn't listed. But do you want to take that chance? Also, for TMDSAS at least, you have to list the format of the course anyways, and it's not worth it to say you didn't take it online when in fact you did.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user