How do you get over feelings of imposter syndrome before starting med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Recently got accepted and will likely be attending KCU. I feel like I flukes my way in and don't really have what it takes to get through the inferno of medical school. I didn't start having these kinds of thoughts till I got accepted, now it's all I can think about. I understand it may be nerves but I can't really shake the idea from my mind and I'm concerned I'm really believing it. Medical school is hard as hell and I don't know if I can cut it. Feels like others who are in the same positions as I am right now are more fit to be getting in than I am.

Is this normal? I feel like an imposter here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Consider going and talking it through with someone if it legitimately becomes a block. The last thing you need is to feel like you're not smart or unable to accept that your hard work and efforts lead to good grades.

A big part of medical school is motivation and pride in your work.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been feeling this a bit as of late as well, only mildly. I didn't realize this was an actual thing, so I'm glad I meandered into this post; feels good to know it's a shared feeling.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of us experience it. How I overcame it was try the hardest I could (because I thought I was going to fail) when my scores kept coming bad solid then it passed. That was my experience. Idk if you will have the same but I used it as motivation

It didn't hit me until mid-way through the first block, when I realized how much smarter my classmates are.

What was weird for me was the fact that I was actually keeping up with the smart kids. It felt like an alien took over my body and was taking my tests for me.

What was weird for me was the fact that I was actually keeping up with the smart kids. It felt like an alien took over my body and was taking my tests for me.
Can I get the contact info for these test taking aliens?

Can I get the contact info for these test taking aliens?

Don't worry brah I got you..

foil_hat.jpg

Make sure to wear this during exam time and I'm sure they will heed your call. The tin foil hat doesn't protect your brain from the aliens, but in fact makes you more of a target.

It's perfectly normal to be concerned/worried. Most people with average intelligence can finish med school and thousands of people have done it ahead of you. All it takes is good work ethics. It's like a roller coaster ride without a brake - once it starts, you can't stop it but it goes by super fast. Make sure you stay healthy and happy. Enjoy the last few months.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk