How do you guys feel your semester went?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
We just finished up and I think I did pretty well overall but need to work on my commitment to studying. There were just too many times that I needed to study and just didn't due to burnout and lack of discipline.

Members don't see this ad.

You passed everything? Did you maintain your own well-being and spend time with your proud family? Then everything is fine in terms of commitment. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Reactions: 5 users
You passed everything? Did you maintain your own well-being and spend time with your proud family? Then everything is fine in terms of commitment. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
Thanks I did. Next semesters alot tougher though so I'm hoping being back in school for a few months will get me back to the same work ethic I had in undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks I did. Next semesters alot tougher though so I'm hoping being back in school for a few months will get me back to the same work ethic I had in undergrad.
I have found that my studying work ethic has an inverse relationship with the level of education I have achieved, lol.

I finished my first semester, and although I am just trying to get the hang of things, placing my well-being first was the best thing I could've done. I now see why it is emphasized so much, I was able to enjoy my first semester and have a life outside of school lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I have found that my studying work ethic has an inverse relationship with the level of education I have achieved, lol.
It took me a few years to get in so I just needed time to get back into studying regularly. Its weird not having to worry about things to do right now

I finished my first semester, and although I am just trying to get the hang of things, placing my well-being first was the best thing I could've done. I now see why it is emphasized so much, I was able to enjoy my first semester and have a life outside of school lol.
+1 spent a lot of time with my wife and daughter and did well in class. Well being matters. I’ve met quite a few people that are nonstop stress cases over school and it has been tougher for them to do well in class.

My mental health improved significantly when I decided to set boundaries on studying, versus constantly regretting that I could have studied for an extra hour here and there. Paradoxically (or not?) my grades also improved when I committed to capping my studying to 5-6 hours per day or when I felt I hit my mental limit, which ever came first. Perhaps because I started feeling like a success when I studied for 5 hours instead of a failure because I didn't study for 8.

I feel my semester has gone great. I'm not a top student but I'm happyish with myself and can consistently spend time with my wife without getting stressed out. OMS-3 has been easier for me because it's less complicated to study from UWorld and amboss than my PhD lecturers' power points from OMS-1 and OMS-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user