How do you get out of your match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ESU_MD

Old School
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
??

Members don't see this ad.

I feel for you and I think you should be able to get out of your match without too many problems. Call the PD and explain the situation. Finding another program close by may be more difficult. You will probably want to call all the local programs and inquire about any open positions. There might not be and I guess the worst case would be having to wait until next year to start residency.

it's not a big deal. this sort of thing happens all the time. just call the pd. the more time you give them, the more they will appreciate it.

we're supposed to guess where...my guess is penn state?

good luck getting out of it.

peace

Thanks all for your replies and advice.

Now, I am going to try to forget I even posted this and start getting ready for internship.

later,

I'm glad you decided to go to your program. I feel for you that you will have to uproot your life to do it.

I think too many people try to get out of their match without realizing what it did to fellow participants. If you rank a spot that you can't go to, are matched there, and don't show up, that could mean that someone else had to scramble or even worse didn't get a spot.

Thanks for being a grown-up.

Hey, what's up with the Penn State bashing?

Yeah, what's up with the PSU "bashing"?

Even if it were his last choice, the OP notes that he is in Philly - less than 90 minutes away. Not likely the location for someone concerned about having to move.

who's bashing penn state???

ESU gives us no hint as to where he matched and asked us to guess. after reading some of his posts, that was my guess.

why do so many people beat around the bush...;)

peace