How do I raise $300,000 to pay for medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proconsul1981

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
This is to include tuition, fees, books, room and board. Post baccalaureate and MD.

Can federal government subsidized and unsubsidized student loans pay for it all?

How do I get it done for free?

is there a credit limit?

Members don't see this ad.

This is to include tuition, fees, books, room and board. Post baccalaureate and MD.
If you are part of a formal program you can take out student loans. Your student loans will include items associated with cost of living and peripherals to your education like fees and books. If you aren't doing a formal post-bac program you may or not not qualify for student loans (I am not familiar with this process).
Can federal government subsidized and unsubsidized student loans pay for it all?
Most people take out student loans. If you get into med school there will be a lot of resources from their financial aid office. But most people have to take out a mix of subsidized/unsubsidized student loans. Some people take out private loans depending on their financial status/citizenship status.
How do I get it done for free?
There are some loan repayment programs such as public service loan forgiveness. The military offers scholarships to pay for medical school in exchange for time served (HSPS - if you get all 4 years of med school paid for, you will owe them 4 years of service and will have to work where they send you during that time). Other options including doing a PhD/MD, in which case, your MD tuition would be covered by the graduate program. NYU and Cleveland Clinic are med schools that offer free tuition to students but are incredibly competitive.
is there a credit limit?
For federal loans no. For private loans yes.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
start a gofundme

Reactions: 1 user
onlyfans

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Easy. Loan out 300K and declare bankruptcy. Make sure it’s loud so everyone can hear.

• Haha
Easy. Loan out 300K and declare bankruptcy. Make sure it’s loud so everyone can hear.
Don't loan out the 300K yourself, that's a small brain move bc loans aren't bankruptable. The 200iq move is to start a real estate LLC, buy a few $1 houses in Detroit, then take out 300k of loans under the business to pay for medical school and say that the business went bankrupt

Reactions: 2 users
so lemme tell you about this thing called gamestop...

(not financial advice)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
studentaid.gov

Refresh that bad boy PRN when you need motivation to study.

Every semester it will even give you a new high score :D

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It's crazy how much medical school admissions cost. Even with a great GPA, MCAT, letter, application, and interviews, there's no way you'll be able to pay that off as a premed. Great financial aid might help if you're lucky. I guess a less than ideal situation would be to get put on waitlist after spending a ton of money. Owing that much money would make me panic. Might be better if you just married a resident or attending and lived vicariously through them

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha