This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xohannahbanana

Reaction score
I’m currently a licensed pharmacist in MA and am hoping to move to IL in the next month or so. I had a phone interview with someone from talent acquisition and a store manager of a Walgreens in IL and was offered a job. When the person from talent acquisition called me, he offered $100K. Honestly I thought that was low, but I’m not sure if it’s hourly or salary and if that offer was based off working 32 hours a week or 40. I was honestly so shocked that I was offered the job that I didn’t know what to say. I graduated in 2020 and haven’t worked since then but only just got licensed in MA in late June.
My question is, how do I get clarity on and negotiate the job offer? Since I never spoke to a district manager, that’s out of the question. Should I email the person from talent acquisition and clarify the hourly rate/overall salary? The email offer letter I received was extremely vague and didn’t even mention a salary so will I get another email? Also do you think they would offer relocation assistance and does anyone have experience with asking for that? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

just ask the recruiter if you can negotiate. Don't be scared. They will never rescind an offer for negotiating.

Reactions: 1 user
Ask all the questions you want, but if you haven't worked since you graduated in 2020 (probably May 2020), you should take the offer and book the next available UHaul for a one way trip to Illinois.

$100k is more than most 2021 grads who got offers from Wags were offered.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ask all the questions you want, but if you haven't worked since you graduated in 2020 (probably May 2020), you should take the offer and book the next available UHaul for a one way trip to Illinois.

Thanks for the advice! I have a friend in CA who didn’t have any work experience and has been working for Walgreens about 3.5 months and she makes ~108k ($52/hr). I’m not sure if that’s just California but it’s definitely possible :)

Always try to counter. Even if it only gets you a couple bucks more or maybe even nothing, its always worth it.

Thanks for the advice! I have a friend in CA who didn’t have any work experience and has been working for Walgreens about 3.5 months and she makes ~108k ($52/hr). I’m not sure if that’s just California but it’s definitely possible :)
108 is pretty poor in cali. It's okay in illinois but not great.

Reactions: 1 users

Can't compare CA to anywhere else. They always have higher wages.

Where in IL is it? If it’s in Chicagoland and you got offered 58$ an hour to work 64 hours biweekly, I can pretty much guarantee they won’t budge.

G’damn that’s low. Reject that and find a temp job for the next few months paying $100/hr doing covid clinics

Where in IL is it? If it’s in Chicagoland and you got offered 58$ an hour to work 64 hours biweekly, I can pretty much guarantee they won’t budge.
It is in Chicago! Like I mentioned, I was told 100k but not an hourly rate so I’m not sure what it would be hourly

G’damn that’s low. Reject that and find a temp job for the next few months paying $100/hr doing covid clinics
100/ hr? Where at ? I saw posting on linkedin saying 50-60/ hour

They'll just go down the line to the next unemployed pharmD.

Then find an employer who values their employees.

Or waste away at a 100k job and know you're worth more and hate your life every day? Tough choice.

Jobs in Alaska hospitals paying 130k+ plus 10k sign on and retention bonuses. I'd do that over Wags if I were single.

Or waste away at a 100k job and know you're worth more and hate your life every day? Tough choice.

Jobs in Alaska hospitals paying 130k+ plus 10k sign on and retention bonuses. I'd do that over Wags if I were single.

There's a reason for the bonus. Most people would not move to Alaska.

Beggars cant be choosers. Unless you have another offer for more, you have to take it.

Beggars cant be choosers. Unless you have another offer for more, you have to take it.

I would just take 100k in Chicago vs 130k in Alaska. The 10k bonus covers moving costs, there won't be much left after that.

Reactions: 1 users
$100/hr doing clinics? Is that even real?

Yea, we had a nurse making $90/hr early this year. I was wondering why she always offered to buy us Starbucks. Anticipating more of the same with 3rd shot + flu.