How competitive would these stats be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alparkeruab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who had a 3.00 undergrad GPA and a biology major. My friend also made a 21 on the MCAT, was active in the corps of cadets at her school(a very rigorous rotc program), and has some shadowing experience. How competitive would she be to get into most podiatry schools, and specifically Temple?

BTW, I dont know if this matters, but she took the DAT an made an 18 or 19(I can't remember the exact score).

Members don't see this ad.

Please, a little help anyone???

alparkeruab said:
Please, a little help anyone???

The GPA and MCAT scores are a little low, (I only know about DMU in Iowa). However, I would not anticipate any problems getting in to at least 1 of the 8 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
alparkeruab said:
I have a friend who had a 3.00 undergrad GPA and a biology major. My friend also made a 21 on the MCAT, was active in the corps of cadets at her school(a very rigorous rotc program), and has some shadowing experience. How competitive would she be to get into most podiatry schools, and specifically Temple?

BTW, I dont know if this matters, but she took the DAT an made an 18 or 19(I can't remember the exact score).

He/she will get into one of the 8 schools with those stats. Tell him to apply now so he will be early in the game.

It seems like your friend will have a good chance getting in. I just started at Temple and don't know my class's GPA and MCAT stats, but I know of people with similar stats that were admitted. The admissions people at Temple (and probably most of the other schools) seem to take the whole package into consideration, so tell your friend to make sure to include all non-academic involvement in their application and to not be modest!

How hard is it to get into Ohio School of Podiatric Medicine?

Any ideas?