How bad is this…

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zigstar

Reaction score
So, I transferred universities to be closer to home during the pandemic. It was financially unfeasible for someone in my situation to be anywhere but home. The issue is, I took a Gen Chem 1 WITHOUT lab at the height of the pandemic. I got an A.

My new university said that because I didn’t take the lab, I’d have to take Chem 1 lecture and lab with them, I did it without thought and got an A once again.

Now that I recall it, it smells like a critical error. How would med schools see it? As laziness or potentially grade padding so I could take the same course 2x?

Should I continue to Chem3, even though once finished Chem2 I’ll have completed 3 quarters of Chem?

Advise please.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I transferred universities to be closer to home during the pandemic. It was financially unfeasible for someone in my situation to be anywhere but home. The issue is, I took a Gen Chem 1 WITHOUT lab at the height of the pandemic. I got an A.

My new university said that because I didn’t take the lab, I’d have to take Chem 1 lecture and lab with them, I did it without thought and got an A once again.

Now that I recall it, it smells like a critical error. How would med schools see it? As laziness or potentially grade padding so I could take the same course 2x?

Should I continue to Chem3, even though once finished Chem2 I’ll have completed 3 quarters of Chem?

Advise please.
Only an applicant, but I don't get how it is bad? Might have been bad if you retook and got a D or something.. but you did the class again because you were required and did great!

When calculating final GPA, both classes may not be counted, and I don't know how that works, but I think AAMC takes care of that. This sounds like nothing, so relax!

Members don't see this ad :)
So you got an A twice...? This is fairly advanced-stage neuroticism. Chill bro. Worst case you just explain that you had to retake it with a lab to move along in your premed chem sequence. If I was interviewing you I would just be like "well that isn't fun, I hate when schools have such different curriculums. Nice job on getting an A the first time. Anyways..."

Reactions: 1 users
I had the same experience…transferred schools, my original anatomy & physiology wasn’t accepted as on the same level at my new university, so I retook them there. It was never mentioned in my interviews.

Reactions: 1 user

Advise please.
Just say you didn't know you needed to take the lab. You realized your mistake and you took it with the lab.

Reactions: 3 users