How are you finding your work/life balance and quality of life out of residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcmd

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ladies - You’ve finished residency, you’re now living the life as an attending. You knew once you graduated that you wanted a ‘work-life’ balance (whatever that looks like for you), hit the gym again (get that pre-med body back right?) and have time for your family, friends, cooking, gardening, music, horses, swimming etc.

But are you actually living the life that you envisioned? Sure, the hours are no comparison to residency, but life still just seems too busy, too tired, too much.

I’m having the same discussion with my friends who, though they’ve finished residency and fellowships in a variety of specialties, still feel under pressure, high stress, too exhausted to spend quality time with loved ones and don't know how to get their life under control again. Thought I’d post it on SDN to see how many other female attendings/consultants feel the same way.

If you could take a magic wand and redesign your life right now, what would you change/improve so that you could actually live that amazing lifestyle you’ve been working so hard for?

Members don't see this ad.