Housing Near NYITCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctormagic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm going to be starting at NYITCOM in August (unless I get into any other schools I'm on the waiting list for) and I'm getting rather frustrated trying to figure out my living situation. I'm looking for an apartment near the school. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

LMGTFY
^
:joyful::joyful::rolleyes:

On a more serious note and to answer your question, there are most likely plenty of low rent housing options available in queens NY. A bit of a drive from Westbury though. Just depends how much you're willing to pay for rent. Closer to the school will obviously be higher rent. Lower income neighborhoods in queens will be lower.

Source = I live 5-10 min from NYIT-COM

Last edited:
LMGTFY
^
:joyful::joyful::rolleyes:

On a more serious note and to answer your question, there are most likely plenty of low rent housing options available in queens NY. A bit of a drive from Westbury though. Just depends how much you're willing to pay for rent. Closer to the school will obviously be higher rent. Lower income neighborhoods in queens will be lower.

Source = I live 5-10 min from NYIT-COM

Yeah, I've tried that. Finding a decently priced and conveniently located place is ridiculous. I'm definitely not trying to spend $1000+ per month for rent unless I live with one or more people and we split the cost. And I need to be near the campus. -_- ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I've tried that. Finding a decently priced and conveniently located place is ridiculous. I'm definitely not trying to spend $1000+ per month for rent unless I live with one or more people and we split the cost. And I need to be near the campus. -_- ಠ_ಠ

I mean, in the NYC area you aren't going to avoid paying 1000$ a month in rent unless you have a SO to split a 1br with you. That's just the reality of the situation.

Reactions: 1 users
You won't find places in old westbury or brookville. Bunch of homeowners rent out rooms to students that are "affordable". Usually about a 20-25 min drive with no traffic.

Westbury, glen cove, glenhead, greenvale

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Join your class's and previous classes' Facebook group. Tons of students are always posting about housing. Also, contact the school, they have listings, but sometimes those landlords are not recommended by students at all, so *def* seek out advice from current students on the Facebook group.

Look into The Circle apartments on the campus of ASU. They have NYITCOM only buildings. They're brand new and are a 5 minute walk to the COM.

I would even extend beyond past that and maybe look into hicksville, new hyde park, etc. Living around OW is incredibly expensive-if you have a car, definitely find somewhere cheaper to live!