High school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mew

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you need a regular high school education to get into medical school? I got my GED and wonder if they will accept that.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't imagine they give a damn. Just do well in college.

Actually with a GED you are basically already a doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually with a GED you are basically already a doctor.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, though, no one will care if you've done well in college.

Personally, I've decided to skip Med School altogether and just make a hat that says "Doctor" and hope people will seek my services.

You could get a CED and skip college.

I can tell you that Baylor doesn't mind:clap:

I have a GED. I dropped out of HS at 15. The trick is getting into and doing well in college. The only school that asked for HS stats was Duke, and I actually got them to modify their secondary so you could put in 0 for class rank and SAT score to mean N/A :)

That's awesome, Neuronix. When I saw the part asking for SAT score, I said "what the f***" out loud. I couldn't remember when I took it or how many people were in my graduating hs class (both of these factoids strike me as extremely, extremely pointless). I wonder why Duke thinks hs class rank and SAT are notable.

Wash U asks for HS info also. I had to round up ACT scores etc... From 1989-1990. Geesh. Im waiting for them to ask for my APGAR scores as an application add-on.