High School to Irish Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaddyofNine

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was just asking on behalf of a friend. She's entering her senior year in high school this Fall, and she's thinking about attending Med School in Ireland (she's Irish-American). I was just wondering if anyone knows can you enter directly from High School? I know of a few students in my class in UCD who look as if they're here from high school, and of course all of the Irish kids go in direct. Does the Atlantic Bridge programme force you to do a Bachelor's first? It's hard to get the office open when I'm awake!

Any other comments, etc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paddy

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can enter directly from high school or even if you've only partially completed a degree. All applications for north america go through atlantic bridge. Most likely you'll go through the 6 year program rather than the 5 year program. I believe the 1st year would be a "pre-med" year.

You can always email atlantic bridge if you have any direct questions for them. They ALWAYS reply promptly.