Hi there :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AxelLopez

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there i'm new to this forum and wantes to ask some question about med school.

So i'm deciding to take pre med after I transfer from community college but i'm not sure if two years is enough to finish the requirements. I'm okay heading on straight into a 4 year university.

Another question of mine would to either take Biology or Genetic?. I know that the major doesn't matter at all but which would be more useful for Med school?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Check with the medical schools you are looking to apply to, see if they accept community college credit. Generally, medical schools will want 1-2 semesters of general chemistry with lab, 2 semesters of organic chemistry with lab, intro bio with lab, and many times another semester of bio (and lab), two semesters of physics+lab, and sometimes math and/or english, with other recommended courses. I can't speak for all medical schools so just check with the ones you are applying to if they take AP credit or CC credit. The answer to your first question kind of depends on that.
Also, in many schools, intro bio is a prerequisite for genetics. Definitely take introductory biology-it can also serve as a prereq for other biology courses. I do recommend taking genetics after that, I took it and I realized it's really useful in understanding different diseases.

Thank you very much :D. The last part of your answer i'm a bit confuse if I took two years of Bio and Two years of genetic will I get a biology and genetic degree? Or the classes? Sorry if this question is dumb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much :D. The last part of your answer i'm a bit confuse if I took two years of Bio and Two years of genetic will I get a biology and genetic degree? Or the classes? Sorry if this question is dumb.

?

Nevermind I figure it out. Thank for the help :D

No worries!
It's mostly one year of introductory bio, then you can do upper-level courses like genetics. They can all count towards one degree

That cool thanks :D

Reactions: 1 user