Hi, Need Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpannu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys..I hope you can help me. I am a student from Canada. I was thinking of attending an international medcial school. Currently my GPA is a 3.3 and the MCAT scores will be determined soon. However, I don't think I'll have good enough score for the U.S....Canada is a Longshot. Anyhow, I have read several threads on this forum. How do u guys determine the reputation of international schools. ANy info would be great.

ltz

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of people in your situation choose to attend medical school in the caribbean or they go to osteopathic medical schools. I once read on the website for St. George's University that most of their professors were actually from Canada. Good luck.

Try applying to US and Canadian schools first! Highlight what makes you a good candidate (not your scores, if you don't think they are very good.) Going the international route is VERY difficult. You shouldn't take it if you can go the easy way. And you won't know until you try.

Where would you like to practice when you graduate?