Hey Caver! (the equipment comparing thread, with pics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dayum boy, you were ebaying when you were 12 years old?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, the one I ORIGINALLY started is this one. But my momma took it over. She now uses it to buy cheap used shoes and pant suits and garner a ridiculous feedback rating. That one above is my wife's and now, due to the magic of marriage, we own it jointly. She stared it when she was 13.

This is why I'm selling so much stuff.

p1070627.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to become a part time ticket broker. All you need is some cash (got that now), patience (kinda got that), and to have an idea of what events will sell out.

I mad mad cash off of the 2006 Sugar Bowl, WVU basketball after they hired Huggins, and I'm fixin' to make money off of the 2012 BCS championship. You can buy tickets to the Orange Bowl - damn good tickets - for face. People that buy them this year can renew next year when its the Orange Bowl's turn to host the MNC. Mwahahaha.

What Hasselblad is that? How bright is the focusing screen? 80mm lens? How much do you want for it? Just curious...

It's 500C... Leaf Aptus II 80mp would fit right on it.

With these bodies, you do know the focusing screens aren't the brightest unless it's outside. It's CZ Planar 80mm f2.8.

That being said, aint you a girl? These are men's toys..and too heavy for you to lug around.

And not for sale. Toying with an idea of selling the Bronica...but not sure either.

So bust out the tools and start sewin man!

That will be a lazy summer project yo. Setting up the darkroom distracted me. And I just gutted out the bedroom floor on the RV....reflooring some water damage. This is some hard stuff.

It's 500C...

With these bodies, you do know the focusing screens aren't the brightest unless it's outside. It's CZ Planar 80mm f2.8.

That being said, aint you a girl? These are men's toys..and too heavy for you to lug around.
:laugh: Nice one. I'll get right on that Leaf Aptus, too...just think how much film a back like that could buy!

I want a 500 CM at some point. The replaceable screens are a nice plus on the CMs and the really late 500Cs.

My Rolleiflex is broken and the supposed repair guys screwed it up worse. :( Too bad I just bought a ton of new film to shoot with it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You can change the screen on C also......just 4 screws. I had it off yesterday.

13zmigy.jpg

Man, my dad has a nicer phone than me. I'm impressed by the quality of the shots he got on this Droid phone of his...makes my 2+ y/0 Pre feel ancient...

DSCF0303.jpg

Also, thanks to the magic of genetics, when I'm 63 I should have a full head of hair to look forward to. Ha ha to everyone else.

You can't predict your male pattern baldness potential by looking at your dad. You know that already.

You can't predict your male pattern baldness potential by looking at your dad. You know that already.

Hmm, I though he was making a reference to his low levels of testosterone...

I remember stupid crap

I don't think your camera is weather sealed.

@SpirivaSunrise: It seems like you travel alot. I didn't think that nuclear pharmacists traveled...Or maybe you get alot of day offs or something?

@SpirivaSunrise: It seems like you travel alot. I didn't think that nuclear pharmacists traveled...Or maybe you get alot of day offs or something?

Hmmm...both. Looking @ my calendar since January:
Florida - pleasure
Virginia - pleasure
California - business
Ohio - business
Virginia - pleasure
Tennessee - pleasure
Virginia - pleasure
New York - pleasure
Ohio - pleasure
Virginia - business
Pennsylvania - business
Colorado - business
Italy - pleasure
New York - pleasure
Florida - business

I had a few other business trips scheduled, but I scratched'em: Dallas and King's Daughters MC in Kentucky.

Florida - pleasure
Virginia - pleasure
California - business
Ohio - business
Virginia - pleasure
Tennessee - pleasure
Virginia - pleasure
New York - pleasure
Ohio - pleasure
Virginia - business
Pennsylvania - business
Colorado - business
Italy - pleasure
New York - pleasure
Florida - business

I had a few other business trips scheduled, but I scratched'em: Dallas and King's Daughters MC in Kentucky.
Dallas sucks. I wouldn't want to go there!

Florida - pleasure
Virginia - pleasure
California - business
Ohio - business
Virginia - pleasure
Tennessee - pleasure
Virginia - pleasure
New York - pleasure
Ohio - pleasure
Virginia - business
Pennsylvania - business
Colorado - business
Italy - pleasure
New York - pleasure
Florida - business

Wow! Thats pretty cool and your lucky! So I guess nuclear pharmacist travel.

Wow! Thats pretty cool and your lucky! So I guess nuclear pharmacist travel.

I wouldn't make that generalization. Majority of my colleagues do hardly any traveling. I do a lot of personal traveling because I want to. And I do a lot of business travel because I want to...as well as due to the position/career path I've chosen.

You have to wonder about who's paying for all those "Pleasure" trips....

:eek:

Want to throw on my 2X?

And I sure hope you hand carried it!

I'm told 2X TC III is a must on these lenses... Super tele is the last missing link in my collection. 500 F4, 400 f2.8, or 300 f2.8 or Siggy 120-300 f2.8 is the question.

What your going to use to try to take a picture of the woman down the block while she's taking a shower?

It doesn't have that much reach. It's only 300mm. I actually have a longer reaching zoom lens. But the reason it's big is because of its aperture 2.8. Which means it allows a lot of light in the camera... and those guys you see on the sidelines at the football game, they're typically using this lens because they can shoot games and fast moving players indoors and night games without having to use a flash.