Hey Caver! (the equipment comparing thread, with pics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
he was offered a vacation by a SDN mod.

he'll be back.

So, he finally pissed the right person off??

What's the fun without a little controversy?

Boooo!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Boooo!!!
He can't delete his post, because they suspended his account.
Maybe if he could delete his post, they would take his account off of hold???

I think that should work.

Oh Caverject my love, come back to me.

*tear*

Members don't see this ad :)

Boooo!!!
amazingly enough, it was a dental mod that suspended me. and the post in question was closed by one of our own moderators long before our righteous dental mod saw it...Go figure...

amazingly enough, it was a dental mod that suspended me. and the post in question was closed by one of our own moderators long before our righteous dental mod saw it...Go figure...

So what you're saying is the dentals have it out for you?? What were you the clingy patient that cried in the chairs or something in a previous life? Severe hallitosis? :laugh:

Welcome back Caverject.

~from a secret fan who's probably stalking you.

So what you're saying is the dentals have it out for you?? What were you the clingy patient that cried in the chairs or something in a previous life? Severe hallitosis? :laugh:

lol...who knows. maybe I had a date with his wife and didn't know she was married...

lol...who knows. maybe I had a date with his wife and didn't know she was married...

Is a really a date if you're paying them to get in the car? I mean I know they call it that, but it seems from the outside more like a contract. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
And the collection is growing...

img9913qb1.jpg

Picked up 17-40L and 85mm 1.8. 85mm 1.8 is the sharpest lens I've ever used.

I know Canon 85mm 1.2 L is even sharper. 70-200 2.8L is very fast.. but 17-40 is very smooth..

But some still believe in ole film..

img9955yu9.jpg

Oooh! Who's the lucky owner of that one?

That's my hand me down camera my dad picked up from Japan returning from England... in the early 70's.

I used to run around with that camera when I was in middle school...

That generic lens is my primary lens yo. It's Tamron 28-75 f2.8. It's the first lens I bought after shooting with the kit lens for a year...

I was going to buy Tokina 12-24mm... was going to shell out $449 at Tristate in NY.....and some fool was selling a brand new 17-40L for $400...and 85mm 1.8 for $200. How can I pass that up???

Once I add 100-400mm, I'm done with lenses. And once my shutter fails.. I would like to upgrade to 1Ds MKIII...

Nice...my next purchase is to get a f2.4 lens of some sort. It's really hard to talk myself out of a nikkor lens...

Nice...my next purchase is to get a f2.4 lens of some sort. It's really hard to talk myself out of a nikkor lens...

So who's the brand ***** now? If you want to do portrait... you gotta try prime lenses. I have 50mm and 85mm now... the zoom lenses can't touch em.

canon still sucks...

I am actually considering selling my nikkor 12-24 for Tokina's new 11-16 f2.4

Canon sucks? Well...Nikon decided not to engage Canon in pixel war... chicken.

Why the heck would you compromise 8mm worth or lens to gain 1mm wide angle?????? Tokina is nice... but that's a bad decision. And with UWA... I just don't think f2.4 is going to be a factor...you're not doing indoor sporting event with your UWA..

Awww...you should bust it out again. Heck, I'd even send you a roll of film and process it for you.

I used Minolta Auto Focus Film SLR...for about 10 years until 2003...

because i need money...my nikkor is a 800 dollar lens and I can get about 650-700 for it on ebay or adorama. The new Tokina is about 4-500 dollars. At the end of the day, it probably is a stupid decision and ultimately talking out of my ***

because i need money...my nikkor is a 800 dollar lens and I can get about 650-700 for it on ebay or adorama. The new Tokina is about 4-500 dollars. At the end of the day, it probably is a stupid decision and ultimately talking out of my ***

Then don't do it.

I still say you paid too much for that Nikkor...though not an UWA... 17-40L can be had for $650 from B&H... and Tokina 12-24 has a fantastic review..and sample pictures are fantastic.. though it's probably because the pictures are taken on canon sensors...

What the heck... you guys (and girl) derailing the thread derailing??? WTFEvah!!! :thumbdown:

wow, you guys have some amazing equipment, right now all i have is a decent point and shoot
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1208905165&sr=8-1

P1020083.jpg
Spriva owns a point and shoot too...she has yet to join the big boy club! you can take beautiful pictures with any camera if you know what you're looking for :) Nice picture by the way. If you have automatic settings on your camera, try shooting it in portrait mode. It will sort of blur the background and focus on the flower.

I've yet to do any photography in boston, and I've been going to school here for 2 years.. it's crazy but any floral photography I've done has been all stuff my mom has grown

I'll definitely have to check out the portrait mode, thanks

one more.. ;)
P1020123.jpg

I've yet to do any photography in boston, and I've been going to school here for 2 years.. it's crazy but any floral photography I've done has been all stuff my mom has grown

I'll definitely have to check out the portrait mode, thanks

one more.. ;)
P1020123.jpg
some more advice and a slight exercise on that shot you just took. Try taking it again on a nice day about 30 minutes after the sun goes down and do it with "slow sync flash" or "rear curtain sync" mode about 10-15 seconds. (if you don't know how to do this, look it up in your camera manual...usually they are pretty straight forward) Also make sure to have your camera on a tripod and don't shake the camera when you press the shutter button. Do this about every 3 minutes and compare your photos. You will be absolutely amazed at what happens :)

All these pictures were taken months ago but there's no shortage of flowers around my house through the spring-fall.. I'll have to dig out the manual and check that out
thanks again!

some more advice and a slight exercise on that shot you just took. Try taking it again on a nice day about 30 minutes after the sun goes down and do it with "slow sync flash" or "rear curtain sync" mode about 10-15 seconds. (if you don't know how to do this, look it up in your camera manual...usually they are pretty straight forward) Also make sure to have your camera on a tripod and don't shake the camera when you press the shutter button. Do this about every 3 minutes and compare your photos. You will be absolutely amazed at what happens :)

Better yet, use the timer setting while it's on the tripod to prevent any movement at all ;)

I just noticed that the brightness/contrast on the last picture I posted was pretty brutal, I should start editing my pictures before I share them lol

Shut up... :smuggrin:

what you gonna do if it's windy???? Better recommendation is to take the picture while it's cloudy or create an artificial shade around the flower by blocking the sun...perhaps with your body.

I just noticed that the brightness/contrast on the last picture I posted was pretty brutal, I should start editing my pictures before I share them lol

It's not the brightness/contrast with that picture...rather it's the temperature of the picture. It's little cold.