'Here's Why Nurse Anesthetists Earn Over $150,000 A Year'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know a young attending who is living in subsidized housing because it's the only way he can make the COL work!

I would love to live in Manhattan...except I could never, ever afford to have a decent place there, even on an attending salary...

Yes you totally could.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't do it either without the subsidy. I like the city. But, when it comes to looking for attending jobs I'm not going to turn down twice as much money and cheap rent to stay. Not to get disrespected by managed care and haggle with nurses to do their job on the regular.

Didn't realize you were a fellow New Yorker

Didn't realize you were a fellow New Yorker

Training purposes only. Southern by upbringing, San Franciscan by choice, Didn't make their cut for residency. So here I be in NYC. There's a lot to love. If I wiped my butt with hundred dollar bills I'd always keep an apartment here. But real talk, I'm an older resident with too much debt to get swept off my feet by the romance of the place. Who knows...different life, if I started younger. I might make a play for cash only PP and fight it out to get to the top. But... I'm not that guy. I don't think. I've done a lot a stupid things. I guess there's always a chance.

Too bad your in the burbs. I shopped around for a dentist and wondered if you were on the island.

Reactions: 1 user
Training purposes only. Southern by upbringing, San Franciscan by choice, Didn't make their cut for residency. So here I be in NYC. There's a lot to love. If I wiped my butt with hundred dollar bills I'd always keep an apartment here. But real talk, I'm an older resident with too much debt to get swept off my feet by the romance of the place. Who knows...different life, if I started younger. I might make a play for cash only PP and fight it out to get to the top. But... I'm not that guy. I don't think. I've done a lot a stupid things. I guess there's always a chance.

Too bad your in the burbs. I shopped around for a dentist and wondered if you were on the island.

Nah. I do live here, but work is not here. Some of dads friends practice in the city though, if you still need a dentist...

Where in the city are you??

Nah. I do live here, but work is not here. Some of dads friends practice in the city though, if you still need a dentist...

Where in the city are you??

Pm. I'm too shy to identify myself on the Google maps.

"Nurse Anesthetists"

read carefully, a nurse earns much less than a doctor

so I am assuming that moving to NY is out of the question. I look forward to staying here in south Florida for med school and residency.