Here's What Dental School Could Cost for the Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is way off. I don't have a problem with you saying the COA of a school is what you say it is because you can take it with a grain of salt and also it's hard to calculate it knowing everyone's situation is different. However, there are ways we can measure people's ACTUAL debt load after their time at dental school, so you saying "X% of grads will owe Y" is very off. You're going off MAX loans for your COA analysis only because you have no other way to do it, but your numbers will be significantly higher than reality for the real debt load of students.

For example, you have the COA of my school reaching almost 300k, but the average debt load of students is only 160k as of now. Big difference.

I stated that this is only for folks with no family assistance in school. Does that $160k figure include people who have lower loans because of spouses covering the cost of living, or parents contributing part of the cost?

Also the debt for the class of 2021 will be very, very different than the class of 2016. Compare average dental school debt from 2016 to the class of 2011, quite different.

Members don't see this ad.

I stated that this is only for folks with no family assistance in school. Does that $160k figure include people who have lower loans because of spouses covering the cost of living, or parents contributing part of the cost?

Also the debt for the class of 2021 will be very, very different than the class of 2016. Compare average dental school debt from 2016 to the class of 2011, quite different.

I understand but you did not say "80% of students who do not have any financial assistance will have 300k debt", you just said that EVERYONE will, which is incorrect and misleading.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a Canadian, the banks here give you loans at prime (2.7%) for graduate studies (medical/dental).

That's how it should be. Trump has said multiple times that the government should not make money off of students loans. Hopefully by the time the c/o 2021 graduates he has the rates down

That's how it should be. Trump has said multiple times that the government should not make money off of students loans. Hopefully by the time the c/o 2021 graduates he has the rates down

Lol. He made a fake university.

Reactions: 9 users
Industry collapse and need incentives from the fed

Forced bankruptcy changes

Or mass revolt against the government and the federal reserve are the only possible solutions.

We're out of the hs history books kids. Time for something big to happen and

Here. We. Go! (Insert Dark night joker meme)

All I care about is how he's going to help the debt man. He's implied lower interest rates and his 15 year forgive plan

I understand and sympathize with you sincerely....I've just become so cynical to the competency of the fed and the ones running the show that I'm just very blunt.

If default occurs while working full time, then refuse to pay anything off past living necessities until the fed is forced to change

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I appreciate your outreach because the healthcare debt burden is drastically larger today than it was before. My GD, c/o 2003, graduated with $120K debt. He is still paying that off on top of his practice loans. Keep in mind he is very successful and rakes in $400K conservatively. Now imagine having $400K+ loans......scary.
U1PHT7H.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-18_9-14-21.png
    upload_2017-3-18_9-14-21.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: 1 user
Lower interest rates would only lead to dental schools raising their tuition prices further. The idea of raising rates is to prevent inflation. No easy answers out there!

So how dental schools spend the money they make by increasing tuition???

All I care about is how he's going to help the debt man. He's implied lower interest rates and his 15 year forgive plan
With Fed continuously to increase interest rate combined with recent budget cut in Department of Education. Lower interest rate on student loans most likely won't happened...

Because this thread is essentially a continuation of the previous one under a new name, you can carry on the conversation there.
Closing.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.