Here it is - my ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cytoborg said:
It would be really helpful to applicants if people could talk more openly about programs in general, I think. But it can be tricky...for instance early on I gave a fairly candid review of a program...lo and behold a resident came out of the woodwork (actually I had forgotten that said resident frequents this forum) and commented on my comments. Many of us realize that we've probably made comments here and there that give away our identities, so it's pretty easy for someone in a particular program to know who you are as an applicant. I sure as hell don't want any of my programs thinking I am not interested or knowing they are #4 or #10 or whatever and altering their ranklists because of it. Hence the hesitation to post the ROL prior to Feb. 23.
Same here; except in my case, I gave out somewhat incorrect information so I didn't mind. I doubt your identity is in jeopardy cytoborg...unless you really ARE in a wheelchair.

Members don't see this ad.

I frankly think you all overestimate the importance and impact of our humble forum on residents. Most of us here enjoy our programs but realize there will be differences of opinion. No one is going to get ranked down because of something they post here.

It is up to everyone whether they want to post their rank list, of course.

yaah said:
I frankly think you all overestimate the importance and impact of our humble forum on residents. Most of us here enjoy our programs but realize there will be differences of opinion. No one is going to get ranked down because of something they post here.

It is up to everyone whether they want to post their rank list, of course.
No worries...paranoia level goes down from orange to green on the 23rd.

Members don't see this ad :)
Phew, finally got my ROL out. Long time reader but first time posting. Here is my list.
1. UCLA
2. Cornell
3. Jefferson
4. Columbia
5. Yale
6. Einstein
7. NYU
8. UCSD
9. BU
10.Brown
11.Tuft
12.Maryland
13.Stonybrook
14.Mt Sinai

Impressive how not a single one of those is on my ROL.

This includes couples match considerations like jeff's list; our number ones were on opposite coasts, so it ended up in a compromise on both sides. It was definitely hard, because I like almost every program I interviewed at.

1. UVA
2. Duke
3. MGH
4. U Washington
5. OHSU
6. UNC
7. Duke again
8. UNC again
9. U Penn
10. BW
11. VCU
12. MGH again
13. BW again
14. U Colorado
15. U Penn again
16. U Arizona

I don't quite understand listing the same institution twice...is this for two different fields perhaps? Or is it related to couples match - like #2 is Duke for you and UNC for him, and #7 is Duke for you and Wake for him?

I wonder what the consequences of listing the same program for my top [let's say] five spots on my ROL will be. :rolleyes: will that multiply my chances of landing my top choice five-fold?

AndyMilonakis said:
I wonder what the consequences of listing the same program for my top [let's say] five spots on my ROL will be. :rolleyes: will that multiply my chances of landing my top choice five-fold?

Clearly! In fact, you should actually rank your top program last because they really don't want to be matched up with someone who wants to be there. They want someone who they can lord over.

Yaheeee! Yahoooo! (Dancing like fat white kid)
My ROL is finally done!
:clap:

cytoborg said:
Yaheeee! Yahoooo! (Dancing like fat white kid)
My ROL is finally done!
:clap:

Post that Sucka!

for those who have yet to post ROLs, i say that once 9 pm EST feb 23rd hits, we should all post our ROLs in a posting frenzy. I know I will :D

Members don't see this ad :)
You could watch seasons 2 and 3 of 24 with appropriate break time to allow yourself to make up for the commercial breaks and catch up to real time.

yaah said:
You could watch seasons 2 and 3 of 24 with appropriate break time to allow yourself to make up for the commercial breaks and catch up to real time.
i did that already. perhaps battlestar galactica? but that's only about 11hours total. hmm...well i do have my seinfeld DVD's.

yaah said:
South Park?
ooo...good idea....south park marathon!

"God damn Mongolians! Trying to break down my city (pronounced ****ty) wall!"

five seasons of Babylon 5 should put you well over the limit

Kyle: Hey Stan. Did you see that rainbow this morning?
Stan: Yeah. It was huge.
Cartman: Eh. I hate those things.
Kyle: Nobody hates rainbows.
Stan: Yeah. What's there to hate about rainbows?
Cartman: Well, you know. You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and they'll come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and start biting the inside of your ass, and you'll be all like, "Hey. Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows."
Stan: Cartman, what the hell are you talking about?
Cartman: I'm talking about rainbows. I hate those friggin' things.
Kyle: Rainbows are those little arches of color that show up after a rainstorm.
Cartman: Oh. RainBOWS. Yeah, I like those. Those are cool.
Stan: What were you talking about?
Cartman: Huh? Oh nothing. Forget it.
Kyle: No. What marches in, crawls up your leg-...
Cartman: Nothing.
Kyle: ...and starts biting the inside of your ass?
Cartman: Nothing.

Don't forget that #1 is for your lowest program; the higher the number, the more you like it. If you really really REALLY love a program, rank it #100, thereby ensuring a 100% chance you will match there.

(I apologize for any panic I may have caused with the above post. Please rank your top program #1.)

No, but I decided it wasn't nice to mess with people two days before ROLs were due. It would have been a nice gag three weeks ago.

stormjen said:
No, but I decided it wasn't nice to mess with people two days before ROLs were due. It would have been a nice gag three weeks ago.
well whew! i was just about to start shuffling my list. thank god you retracted your post! :)

yaah said:
I don't quite understand listing the same institution twice...is this for two different fields perhaps? Or is it related to couples match - like #2 is Duke for you and UNC for him, and #7 is Duke for you and Wake for him?

Exactly. It was really confusing figuring it out originally, which is why I can't bring myself to readjust anything. :D

AndyMilonakis said:
well whew! i was just about to start shuffling my list. thank god you retracted your post! :)

Hey, I would have fallen for it. Dumb airheaded TSWG pathologist!

stormjen said:
Hey, I would have fallen for it. Dumb airheaded TSWG pathologist!
Me too...dumb SFKG who only thinks with his stomach pathologist!

Pookies said:
Post that Sucka!
Jeez dude, don't have to shout...I'll post it in due time.

cytoborg said:
Jeez dude, don't have to shout...I'll post it in due time.
:laugh:

so you gonna post that shiznit at 8:59 pm or 9:01 pm? :laugh:

the world waits in anticipation of the revelation of cytoborg's rank list :thumbup:

AndyMilonakis said:
:laugh:

so you gonna post that shiznit at 8:59 pm or 9:01 pm? :laugh:

the world waits in anticipation of the revelation of cytoborg's rank list :thumbup:
Oh yes, I'm sure everyone is waiting with baited breath. Yours too Andy...you've been quite a mystery man as well.

cytoborg said:
Oh yes, I'm sure everyone is waiting with baited breath. Yours too Andy...you've been quite a mystery man as well.

have i really been a mystery?
i don't suspect that my ROL will raise many eyebrows or make too many heads spin.

AndyMilonakis said:
have i really been a mystery?
i don't suspect that my ROL will raise many eyebrows or make too many heads spin.
Well, following along with people during this process, you do get a feel for which places people really liked or didn't, but I'd say the final ordering is hard to predict....it was hard enough to predict my own damned ranklist until just a couple days ago!!! But enough of that talk! It will all be out of our hands in a few hours...

you should check out the IM forum...some of the peeps are going bonkers about the rank lists.

3 hrs 15 min

3 hours 6 minutes...we still planning on crashing sdn at 9pm with our ROL's?

It is ROL eve and eerily quiet here on the pathology forum...

I bet that the census in the path forum will hit it's highest point in SDN path history between 8:45 pm & 9:15 pm EST.

stormjen said:
My Rank Order List:

#1 Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (NH)
#2 University of Rochester (NY)
#3 University of Vermont (VT)
#4 University of Minnesota (MN)
#5 University of Colorado (CO)
#6 Cleveland Clinic (OH)
#7 Northwestern Healthcare (IL)
#8 University of Missouri-Columbia (MO)
#9 Medical College of Virginia (VA)
#10 University of Illinois (IL)

There. :eek:

Awesome! Congrats on finalizing your list!

AndyMilonakis said:
I bet that the census in the path forum will hit it's highest point in SDN path history between 8:45 pm & 9:15 pm EST.

But there's nothing to see! The computer doesn't magically spew out our match at 9 p.m., NO, we have to WAIT!

stormjen said:
But there's nothing to see! The computer doesn't magically spew out our match at 9 p.m., NO, we have to WAIT!
yeah...and wtf is up with that.

harbster was telling me last night that the computer figures things out within a few minutes. they should spit out the results TONIGHT damnit! :laugh:

Violently shaken by stormjen :eek: ....here's my list....

#1 = UCLA
#2 = Colorado
#3 = UC Irvine
#4 = South Alabama
#5 = Med. College of Georgia
#6 = Birmingham (Baptist)
#7 = University of Louisville

Good luck everyone!!! :luck:

stormjen said:
My Rank Order List:

#1 Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (NH)
#2 University of Rochester (NY)
#3 University of Vermont (VT)
#4 University of Minnesota (MN)
#5 University of Colorado (CO)
#6 Cleveland Clinic (OH)
#7 Northwestern Healthcare (IL)
#8 University of Missouri-Columbia (MO)
#9 Medical College of Virginia (VA)
#10 University of Illinois (IL)

There. :eek:

Hey Stormjen - you must like snow! What made you decide on Dartmouth for #1?

RNA said:
Hey Stormjen - you must like snow! What made you decide on Dartmouth for #1?

I do appreciate snow and winter, but even more do I love a beautiful autumn--my favorite season! Most of all though is the temperate forest and its inhabitants. I'll take a good moose or bear over an alligator any day.

I've lived in the south, and the endless summer really gets old. You'd think it would be wonderful to have sunshine every day of the year but, the fact is, you're stuck indoors all summer because the heat and humidity is oppressive.

Unfortunately, much of the country that is more moderate in its climate happens to be situated in the bible belt. No offense to the bible belt (I was born in it), but it's not where I belong.

Wheee, this is exciting for some reason! I'm posting mine now because Alias will be on at deadline time.

1. Emory :love:
2. UCLA
3. Cedars-Sinai
4. UCLA (another couples ranker)
5. UTSW
6. Oklahoma
7. Iowa (sob, sob...I'd like to rank this one higher)
8. Colorado
9. UNC (I know; this makes no sense)

Good luck, everyone.

Get up in here Andy!!!

AndyMilonakis said:

Poor surrrgins. We are about to lap them.