hep B question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngjock

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there a place that provide free hep b immunization? i know that even if it is free, it is unlike that i will get it here. I am just wondering.

The price that I asked was about $35. yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get that price from the local health department? Sometimes they do free immunizations or have a sliding scale for payment. You might also check to see if the med school clinics will give you the shots (if you are nearby).

I paid $50 each (3 shots total) for the Twinrix combined hep A & B vaccination instead of the $45 each (still 3 shots) for just the hep B. This was at our city-county health department.

Okay, sign up to be a volunteer at a hospital or clinic that requires you to have your immunizations. Then they should offer the immunization to you for free, as it is required to work there.

The hospital I worked at required immunization records for ALL hospital employees, even volunteers. As a result, they gave out the Hep B shots for free to those that didn't have it already.

Maybe it is a CA thing, I don't know because California required Hep B for EVERYTHING now days. The student health center at my school gives them out for free because it is required by the state for all students to have it upon entering college!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the Hep B series free for working at the local hospital here. It is not required in my state, but highly recommended for all healthcare employees.

Just one of the many benefits for a premed student to work at a hospital before going to med school. I highly recommend doing so.

HTH

I got my Hep B shot at my family doc's office. It was paid for by my insurance company, only paid the co-pay. Check into that. Are there any other shots we need to be up on? My letter only said Hep B....

They give your immunationz in grade 7 and 8 here.

Originally posted by SuzieQ
I got my Hep B shot at my family doc's office. It was paid for by my insurance company, only paid the co-pay. Check into that. Are there any other shots we need to be up on? My letter only said Hep B....

Yes, you have to be up-to-date on all of the standard school immunizations. You most likely are because your college probably required some documentation of them. If you're a non-traditional student, though, there may be some that you have to make up because they weren't required when you were little. I had to get an MMR, for example.