help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PUMA19KING

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to state undergrad and received subpar grades in my pre-med courses. Upon graduation, I went to grad school for MS degree in science. During my grad program, my grades improved, but my research/experiment data did not progress too well. Long story short, when I was faced with the decision of either extending the 2 yr MSprogram to 3 yr just to see if the project can workout OR resigned the program with just a courses on the transcript...I chose the latter at the time, due to my financial situtation.

After taking MCAT past season I began to prepare for application package. I had no problem receiving recommendation letter from my UG health committee. However, I understand that if you went to grad school, you are required to submit a letter from either your program director or your lab advisor?. Unfortunately, neither of them agreed with my request and did not want to write me one.

If I just took the grad courses and resigned, am I still required to submit a letter from a grad program?
am I screewed here?

Members don't see this ad.

oh geez, i'm so sorry to hear about this dilemma...i've applied to a LARGE number of schools and ALOT of them asked for such letters if you were in a graduate degree program. However, before you freak out, they also give you the option to write why you are not supplying one or you can petition them to see if it's okay...you'd need to call each school with the requirement and ask how to petition. And when accepted an interview, you'll need to explain why you didn't complete the program. The only problem they'll have is this: someone who didn't try to finish his master's program may give up half-way through his medical program.

good luck.