Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlemikeyf

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of applying to DO schools and I just needed some feedback. I am not the strongest canidate by no means, having a GPA of 2.8 and low 20 on MCATS. So I want some feedback from other students in order to get a better idea of where I stand. I will be retaking the MCAT in April as well as Kaplan or PR. I have tremendous amounts of clinical time in ER's and have volunteered on Rescue squad for 8 years and have ALS and ACLS training. I have worked for 2 years in the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery at VCU/MCV doing research in Cardiac Surgery.
IF anyone can help me or give me feedback/advice... .I would greatly appreciate it.

THanx

Members don't see this ad.

Apply early, write a great personal statement, be prepared to discuss your low GPA if you get interviews...and maybe even look into post-bac programs.

Good luck with the MCATs in April!

Unfortunately, your GPA is going to cause you a bit of stress. Some DO schools have a cut off GPA of 3.0, but some are lower. Your best bet is to show a really good trend in your grades and kick ass on the next MCAT. Check out the AACOMAS website to find out what the admission standards for each school are. Your other EC's are really good, though, and will work to your advantage.

Make sure to rock the MCAT in April. Good Luck!