Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a upcoming Senior undergrad with a projected GPA of 3.2.
I haven't taken the GRE nor have any physical therapy experience.
I am planing to take the GRE this summer and apply in the Fall.

Anyone know how to apply for a volunteer or as a PT aide in physical therapy clinic? I am really cluless.

Also, I was wondering if anyone know that is good enough for Western University of the Health Sciences in Pomona, Mount St. Mary's College in LA, Chapman University in Orange, or any schools in the general vicinity of Los Angeles?

I am open to any suggestions or comments.

Thank you guys very much!
-Baee

Members don't see this ad.

You can start by calling the rehab departments at local hospitals and/or volunteer services. Most rehab facilities take volunteers. Try a few outpatient clinics also. We all had to do it so they are very receptive.

You can start by reading most of these posts on the forum.. Most of the crap you wrote is already covered. But I guess you didnt know how to search huh.

Volunteer
-call your local hospital or clinic and say you are a student who wants to get into physical therapy and is there any volunteer/observation opportunities.

More advice
-read the stuff on the forums.. That will help.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably too late. Most schools accept only above a 3.89 GPA, and require at least 20,000 Hours of PT experience. You better go see the Dalai Lama for advice because if you'd look anywhere in this forum you'd see everyone is fresh out of it.

Also, I was wondering if anyone know that is good enough for Western University of the Health Sciences in Pomona, Mount St. Mary's College in LA, Chapman University in Orange, or any schools in the general vicinity of Los Angeles?

-Baee

On a more serious note, from what I hear, Chapman is one of those joke schools so I dont think you'd have too much competition there, and MSMC is pretty hard, and I dont know anything about Western. Sorry.

Did you just decide PT now or is it something you've been working towards.

lol, yea. I just decided.

I was actually thinking of taking a year off after college then apply since I know very little of this profession. I have been doing some research, but I just came upon this forum and saw many great responses, so i though i give it a shot. I guess I just have to do some more research then.

I will read some more. Thank you very much!