Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitethunder10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm going to break this down for you real quick like.

- 30 years old in August
- graduated last year (Dec 2005) with a BA in Journalism (duh)
- Looking to help people not just make money
- 3.05 Undergrad GPA
- Still have 1 year and a summer of prereqs to take for PT School
- Unattached, no girl
- Dog and parakeet died
- I drive a saturn

I've done a bunch of stuff in life. If I get into this I really want it to pay off. I don't want this to be another thing I do and then want to move on.

1. What do you all love about being a PT. It seems like everyone I know who does it, likes it.
2. What sucks about it? Does it get boring, or is the standing all day hard?
3. 60k seems like decent salary, but do PTs get burned out like nurses do? My mom was a nurse and it burned her out. Does 60k pay the bills?
4. I'm also considering dental school, anyone have this experience?
5. What is the work life like? Boss breath down yer neck? I hate that with an unbridled passion.
6. It looks like my 1 year and a summer of prereqs could turn into 2 years cause I might not get done in time with them to get in the next summer round. comments?
7. What is the future of PT? Is it going to be in even more demand for the next 20 years? will pay go up?
8. What is a typical work day like? Long hours? I really don't want to go more than 40 per week...
9. Do most of you feel rewarded and happy at worK
10. What is the need overseas? I've live all over the US and frankly, I'm bored.

11. Me.

Members don't see this ad.