Help!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wlk

wlk
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th Med student studying in the States. Currently here on a F-1 Student Visa. Does anyone know what to do about residency applications? My current plan is to use the F-1 extension for internship. And get a H1-B for residency. I'm planning to apply for anesthesia so I need a prelim year. Anyone else on this board with a different plan... besides getting married to an american.

Members don't see this ad.

although I'm currently being courted by several classmates for my green card status (haha), you may be stuck with j-1 as your only likely visa option. h1-bs are more scarce than they used to be and a lot of hospitals just aren't willing to go through the hassle when they can more easily do a j-1 and then send you home (to your country) after you're done with training.

i'd start trying to date some local chicks(or dudes) if i were you.

jbish said:
although I'm currently being courted by several classmates for my green card status (haha), you may be stuck with j-1 as your only likely visa option. h1-bs are more scarce than they used to be and a lot of hospitals just aren't willing to go through the hassle when they can more easily do a j-1 and then send you home (to your country) after you're done with training.

i'd start trying to date some local chicks(or dudes) if i were you.

In my school, 3 Canadian students got H1-B visa's in OPTHOMOLOGY!!! it's defiently possible. But make sure to only accept residencies that will give you H1B visas!! don't settle for the J-1....