Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poxes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need help, I am currently in a CC, and I have already dropped two classes, Chem and my honors stats course, because I was going to receive a C or lower, I want to drop my trig class but I know this will affect my chances at med school. Will it affect my chances if I receive 3 Ws? I know they are consecutive so I am very scared. I dropped stats last semester, and I am dropping those two this semester. I had a family issue for last semester that involved me getting abused (not usually physically but verbally) and then this semester my father tore his tenden and got a distal femur fracture in his knee, and my mom and I had to get a job. I know I should have prioritized school and this shouldn't be an excuse, but I had to take care of him as well after school and before work. I don't know if I should even med school because I am losing my confidence but not my motivation. I have a 3.35 GPA, I had a 3.65 before I dropped
My stats and don't want a c. Please help, it's okay to be realistic.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the allopathic thread. Ask a moderator to move this to pre-allo.

Long story short, yes. Don't drop too many courses because you will have to explain why. Dropping too many classes is an indicator that you may not be able to handle a heavy workload. It sounds like you have legit reasons for dropping them so make sure you sound sincere when they ask you about them in your interviews. Don't drop anymore. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW, I had ~5 W's on my transcript, 4 from CC early on. It did not make things easy, but it's possible to come back from with a good upward trend and MCAT. In other words, don't count yourself out, but don't give yourself any more slack.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You'll be fine. Dont drop anymore classes. Ace everything. Apply early to both DO and MD programs. Ignore Caribbean schools. You'll be fine.