Help with Veteran Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denticodia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an Army veteran who served as a combat medic. I have a dental degree from India, so will be applying to the international dentist advanced program this year. I have a rough draft of my personal statement ready. I'm finding it difficult to relate my medic experience to dentistry in my personal statement. Will appreciate any feedback. TIA

Members don't see this ad.

You have a dental degree from India. You want to become an American Dentist. Why do you need to connect your medic experience with your aspiration to be licensed in the US? Just talk about your journey from India to the US and why you want to continue practicing in the US. Being an army medic is a cool bullet point and topic of conversation but you don’t need to relate it to dentistry.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a dental degree from India. You want to become an American Dentist. Why do you need to connect your medic experience with your aspiration to be licensed in the US? Just talk about your journey from India to the US and why you want to continue practicing in the US. Being an army medic is a cool bullet point and topic of conversation but you don’t need to relate it to dentistry.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.